Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have briefly looked at silicon hose kits for my alfa 147 jtd 16v, after realising how weak the original ones are! But are they all crazy expensive or am I just not patient enough?!:wow:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
A company called venair also do the turbo hoses both lower and upper
just looked at their website USD200 for the tubo pipes and that was reduced from USD250 - I think that AutoLusso are advertising theirs on ebay for around STG65.

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
just looked at their website USD200 for the tubo pipes and that was reduced from USD250 - I think that AutoLusso are advertising theirs on ebay for around STG65.
That's just the lower hose autolusso are advertising. Venair do both upper and lower priced at £143 from modworld. It's usually the lower hose that fails so Autolusso would be the better option because Venair sellks there's complete, worth considering if you want to replace both:thumbs:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does everybody just accept these prices then? Or is there a perfectly reasonable explaination for the prices? (I think I'll wait for the sales - too late!:rolleyes:)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Does everybody just accept these prices then? Or is there a perfectly reasonable explaination for the prices? (I think I'll wait for the sales - too late!:rolleyes:)
To be honest Autolusso's price for lower silicone hose is cheaper than the genuine alfa one so thats good for starters,it's stronger,will not ,better airflow and will last much much longer than the original hose. Worth the money in my opinion.

Venair kit is £10 more expensive than oem hose,but still worth the money if you want to replace both.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Nice one Autolusso, just ordered one of those bottom hoses. Prevention is better than cure Id say.

James.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lower Turbo Pipes.

I found mine here Alfa Romeo 147 Hoses

After calling a certain Alfa work shop in bedfordshire for a week. Each time being told by people that they were due to arrive, every day the same excuse and finally after a week I have been told I should have ordered it! And its not even listed on ebay!! Well if the actually said that I would have! So I said not to bother I'd find someone reliable for my Alfa parts. Next time don't fob your customers off and be straight with them. Won't be taking my car to you again. You know who you are.

Alfa Romeo 147 Hoses Great price and local delivery ;)

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
I found mine here Alfa Romeo 147 Hoses

After calling a certain Alfa work shop in bedfordshire for a week. Each time being told by people that they were due to arrive, every day the same excuse and finally after a week I have been told I should have ordered it! And its not even listed on ebay!! Well if the actually said that I would have! So I said not to bother I'd find someone reliable for my Alfa parts. Next time don't fob your customers off and be straight with them. Won't be taking my car to you again. You know who you are.

Alfa Romeo 147 Hoses Great price and local delivery ;)
We know exactly who we are, when we realised we had run out we stopped taking orders as we don’t take orders for items we don’t have, there was a few people that had ordered them on e-bay, we contacted these people and asked them if they would like a refund or to wait.

Our turbo hose has been so popular we temporarily ran out of stock, for the people who had ordered them when we ran out we had our manufacture send them out directly. There has been a slight delay on our reordering as the volume of orders has been much higher than expected, the manufacture is now making them by robot rather than by hand (large orders can be produced cheaper by robot)

The good news is that now our hoses have come down in price by approximately £8 :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GT-147-156-Lo...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item35a6c2b6a3

Plenty in stock now and we can guarantee a next working day delivery :thumbs:

Ned

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
We know exactly who we are, when we realised we had run out we stopped taking orders as we don’t take orders for items we don’t have, there was a few people that had ordered them on e-bay, we contacted these people and asked them if they would like a refund or to wait.

Our turbo hose has been so popular we temporarily ran out of stock, for the people who had ordered them when we ran out we had our manufacture send them out directly. There has been a slight delay on our reordering as the volume of orders has been much higher than expected, the manufacture is now making them by robot rather than by hand (large orders can be produced cheaper by robot)

The good news is that now our hoses have come down in price by approximately £8 :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GT-147-156-Lo...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item35a6c2b6a3

Plenty in stock now and we can guarantee a next working day delivery :thumbs:

Ned
Shame you don't sell them for the 2.4. :(

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Just had a peep at my bottom hose, it looks fairly new but it's so soft! Silicone is the answer!

·
Registered
9 Posts
JTD 2.4 turbo / intercooler silicone hoses

I could do with a set for my 2.4 too.

At the moment I'm stuck with a lash-up using aluminium and silicone straight / bends. :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts