Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sigh. The 'animal' is in the garage again tomorrow. The current list of faults include:

1. Climate control has disappeared. Handy in this 'heat'... and mists up superbly too.
2. Driver's heated seat not working. (When I took it in last, it was the passenger's seat.... Hmm did they just do a swap?)
3. Fuel tank problem. Can only fill 3/4 full. Just annoying!
4. Internal 'boot release' not working.

But there is a plus side. I'm getting a Mito whilst it's in the shop. Not seen one 'in the flesh' yet... so I'm almost excited....

I'll keep you all informed!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unlucky about it Spider. How long will they take to repair it?
Well seeing as this is the fifth time they've had it since October, I've told them to keep it for a week, thrash it about, fix the next thing that breaks on it (it will, it will), thrash it again, fix etc etc.

So really I'm expecting to never get it back! But in all seriousness, I'm expecting them to have it for a week.

Let us know how the mito is?
This Mito is kind of cute, actually. I'm not sure that the pictures really do it justice, actually. The front is much better looking that I thought - less 'gurning idiot' than I first thought and much 'cuter'. I think it will appeal to women a lot! From the side view, wow it looks amazing - there's nothing to match it in it's class. I found myself looking a lot in reflections!

It's very easy to drive. It has a good small car feel to it but is actually very roomy inside. I've not yet driven it hard (how do you do that in London?) but it gives the feeling of quite a nimble little beast.

The build quality seems pretty good (and to be fair, I think that this is the case with 'this generation of Alfa'). It's a diesel and the first diesel Alfa i've driven - pleasantly surprised by that too! I tried the DNA thing that sits next to the gearbox. I don't know whether it is 'placebo effect' or not, but it certainly felt different when I put it in 'Diablo' mode. (That's what the D stands for, right?)

So would I own one? Dunno yet. The reason being that I don't (at first glances) find the interior particularly inspiring. Sure, it's nice enough, but to be honest, I felt more like I was sitting in a 'trendy's car' rather than an Alfa. That's not to say it isn't a good interior, it's just that it's not really my thing.... maybe it just ain't my spider? ;-)

I'll get some pictures over the weekend. :)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
What dealer are you using Diablo? Perhaps you should change:tut:

Make sure you feedback to ARUK as they will be interested to know:thumbs:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What dealer are you using Diablo? Perhaps you should change:tut:

Make sure you feedback to ARUK as they will be interested to know:thumbs:
To be fair to the dealer, this is only the second time the vehicle has gone back to them for a 'repeat fix'. I can't really blame them for the fact that different bits just seem to be going wrong..... Maybe I have a 'friday' car.... :confused: Maybe I'm just too easy going?

I tried ARUK when the car initially broke down (6 hours after purchase, actually) and the dealers who flogged me the motor (read: saw me coming) basically threatened me with court action for 'loss of profit' (yeah right) when I told them I would be returning the car for a refund based on the fact that it was 'not fit for purpose'. The long and short of it was ARUK didn't care that their dealers where speaking to me in such a manner; in fact, I never heard back from them again. I think sadly this is the problem we have with Alfa in the UK - the problem starts at the top....

Ho hum.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks.... obviously I'm getting all the usual sorts of abuse in work over this.

"Shouldn't buy an Alfa, they all break down!"

Even the girls here (who have nothing to say about cars usually) are giving me advice like "told you it would let you down."

Sign (again!)

I think if this had been the first Alfa I'd owned, I would feel different about it - the others have never once been any problem at all....

...I have toiled with the idea of getting shot, but in all honesty I'd just scratch my head for a while and end up buying another Alfa anyway! I'm sure it will get sorted in the end. The biggest pain is not the fact that it breaks, it's more the fact that taking it to the dealer means a journey through london at 'peak time.' Horrible horrible.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Most are good Diablo:cool:

Sure, I've had some very minor issue with mine and all but one have been put right (2nd to 3rd gearchange is notchy / crunchy on a quick up change).

They are as good as the rest but not all dealers are fully up to scratch.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well when it all comes down to it, at least I look super stylish when I'm sitting by the side of the road, waiting for the break-down truck!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sigh. The 'animal' is in the garage again tomorrow. The current list of faults include:

4. Internal 'boot release' not working.
Could that be a menu setting issue?

This is a 'feature' that has caught a few people out in the past. There is a menu option (which I think is for the Spider when you are parked up with the top down, but you get on the Brera too) that disables the boot release button when the doors are locked. You can change this in the menu.

HTH

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Mediaman,

Thanks for this. Naturally, being a 'born fiddler' :O I've been through every menu and tried all the different settings. Still no joy. Even the boot release on the fob seems to only work immediately after a press of the 'unlock'.

I suspect the car doesn't want me putting stuff in it!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Is the dealer HR Owen per chance?

I used to use them for my rejected Spider and it had to go back for repeat problems to be fixed on at least 6 occasions - at the time I put it down to the car but the more I think about it, the more I wonder......................................

I havent been back to them since 6 months ago when I received some absolutely terrible customer service, which really surprised me as usually HRO were so good - however it showed me that even the 'best' let themselves down on occasion.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi there!

Well no, Euroboy, the dealers aren't our friend HRO. I found those guys lousy when I rang up to enquire about a car once and they never called me back (so I decided I was never going to use them!)

So the update is as follows:

1. Tank replaced
2. Boot switch release fixed
3. Climate control fixed

Bad news is that the heated driver's seat isn't going ot be fixed until March as they are awaiting the parts! Sigh.

On the plus side though, (hopefully not braggin too early as I pick it up tomorrow) they've 'fixed' the windows for me ready for when I get a little gadget in a couple of weeks.

And so the Mito will be returned tomorrow. Sort of enjoyed it, though prefer my spider!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.