Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just had our Mito (2010 Cloverleaf) MOT'ed for the first time and it failed due to handbrake brake force on the rear near side wheel. Luckily it is still under warranty until 17/11 and it is with Alfa at the moment.

Had a phone call to say the Calliper is seized and they have currently requested with Alfa UK to repair it under warranty.

Has anyone else had a similar thing happen? I am so hoping it is covered under warranty, as i'll be really dissappointed of not. The car has only done 30k miles and the MOT test centre seem to think it should be. Might have to play my face over this one if not.

They also noticed the wiper arm catching the bonnet, which I know is a common thing across all Alfa's and wanted to charge £80/hr to investigate it. As this is a common problem I insisted to the dealer this is only a warranty repair. They are looking into this one as I type!

What are your thoughts?
Thanks

·
Registered
9,331 Posts
Brake caliper should be covered ... pads won't be (wear&tear) ... I've read on here that other have had issues with the rears ...

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Expect to pay the 80 quid and for a new set of pads, Alfa should cover the rest.

The warranty company always want to see the invoice for the investigation, in case, perish the thought, that they can try let the owner off scot free!

Lusso 1956...., it may just be low battery volts.

·
Registered
9,331 Posts
Thanks all
Key code light does not go out !!!!
What do I do now ?
Um ... did you post to the wrong thread or has the d/base behind the forum got screwed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts