Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just been informed that Sidwell Street Motors in Exeter have decided not to be an Alfa Dealer any more. (Jumped before being pushed I suspect)

They will continue to provide service but no new sales.

I am really glad because they were rubbish. But I wanted to buy a new Alfa next year and now I have no dealer in the South West !!

Good old Alfa strikes again . Get rid of the only sales dealer in Devon or Cornwall and don't replace it.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
From what I've been told Alfa are getting rid of all the bad dealers and will then be building the numbers back up with specially selected/groomed dealers !! :)

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
afternoon nomad, hows the brera?

They are dumping loads by all accounts, but are also appointing new service centres.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently the Maserati dealer in Exeter is in the frame to take it on.

Nice of Alfa UK to tell its customers that Sidwells is closing (NOT !!!)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Andy G said:
afternoon nomad, hows the brera?
Now then Mr.G !! Words cannot describe it matey !! :D
alfafang said:
Not a lot of help if you want to buy a new one in the South West
Like I said Mr.Fang :D they are going to be replacing them so you should get down your end !! Oooo Errrr Mrs :D

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mind you if the Maser dealer gets the Alfa Franchise then perhaps they will let me have a blast in one of them.

Nadgers,
How good is Yeovil ?

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
alfafang said:
Mind you if the Maser dealer gets the Alfa Franchise then perhaps they will let me have a blast in one of them.
Dream on Mr.F :lol:

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
alfafang said:
Nadgers,
How good is Yeovil ?
No idea, I've never been there! I think it's new, so it must be okay if it matches their new standards. It wouldn't really matter to me as I'd only ever use a dealer to buy a car, for servicing I wouldn't touch a dealer.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Yeovil dealer has just been axed. Service only from now on.

I will email Mario at Alfa tomorrow to see when new sales dealers are going to open. (If any)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Bristol, Exeter and Yeovil - all ceased Alfa sales in such a short space of time. Great time to be an independent Alfa dealer in the South West I guess!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nadgers,
Yep Yeovil has definately gone as a sales Dealer. Just spoke to them.

Apparently like Sidwells they don't fit the new Alfa Mould.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts