Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question regarding the side/parking lights.
I don't actully use them as I always use the dip lights and the lights go out when you turn off the ignition so they aren't really parking lights are they ???

If I wired the side light power to work the dip lights instead of the puny bulbs, would I get problems ???
I mean, when on dip or full beam I could probably be pushing 2 sets of voltage through the dip lights therefore giving at least 24v through the bulbs which I imagine would blow them.

Am I correct ???? Can I fit a relay or something to only use one 12v feed at a time ??? Am I nuts ??? Do I like to dress in womens underwear ??? Have I been drinking too much beer again ???

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
You would when you took it for it`s MOT :cheese: as the sidelights have to illuminate seperately to the headlights :rolleyes:

And if you connected both sidelight and headlight wires together you would still only have 12Volts at the bulb not 24Volts :confused: you can run a hundred power wires from your battery to it and you would still have 12 Volts because your battery is only 12 Volt :rolleyes:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Marlon the parking lights do work with the ignition off.
If you turn the key past the off position whilst pushing the little black button in, the parking lights come on and you can remove the key.

·
Registered
564 Posts
They do work as parking lights, you need to push in the little button on the key surround and turn the key back past the normal key stop :) :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I knew about the turning the key back but I never do it. Speedy....right enough about the voltage...DOH !!!

My MOT tester is freindly though ;)

·
Registered
835 Posts
speed freak said:
Bet he`s not as Friendly as mine :p :p :cheese:
That's just plain no fair! does "he" even look at the car before writing the thing out?

BTW 18 month MOT's aren't allowed... :tut:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Speedy gets his partner to do it (business partner that is :p ), so no, he isn't as friendly as yours, my "friend" at least goes through the motions and tells me if something needs fixed. That's how I discovered the funky track rod end.

He knows I maintain my cars (read as "tinker with") so will pass them if nothing is major as he knows either I'll fix it soon as or pay him to fix it ;)

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
888dee said:
That's just plain no fair! does "he" even look at the car before writing the thing out?
Er yes ................. I do check the car over before I write the Pass Certificate out :p :p :D :D :D

·
Registered
835 Posts
speed freak said:
I do ..................see above post :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Btw strangely i`ve never had a car Fail yet :p ;) :D :D
ah ha... that wasn't there before I started to reply.... make me look stupid now... :( or more stupid

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Speedy...I need an MOT for the Silverstone !!!!
A 3 year ticket would be nice !!! :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts