Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for some advice please . as my side skirts are hanging off under the front doors i decided to take them off and stick em back on via the tiger seal method. the skirts and the sills are abit of a mess with doubled sided sticky tape from a previous owners repair.they did a pretty good job but its a pain to get off.any ideas / tips to remove the tape would be a help.
thanks

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have to do the very same job on my car....next week when I don't need the car for a couple of days. I would suggest using a blunt scraper...plastic or the thing one gets with a tub of Isopon, white spirit/meths to clean up any residue. I plan to mask off the contact point of the sill and liberally apply waxoyl to everywhere below and also inside the sills. Like you I will be using Tigerseal so we will need plenty duct tape/ gaffa tape etc to hold the skirts in place for the best part of 24 hours. Would be no harm to leave the small fixing screws soak in WD40 or Plusgas for a few hours....or use fresh ones???

Good luck p47, be sure to let me know how you get on. :thumbs:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi Leitrim55, never thought of applying waxoyl, will do that also.going to put new screws in, already got plenty of duct tape. mine are a right mess inside the skirts will try what youve said - cheers!
p.s the screw under the sill nearest the rear wheel is one of those plastic screws that screw into a collar which expands when tightened. all the others are steel screws. i found this out when i got all the steel ones out couldnt get the said one off. gave it a tug it came out .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts