Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Saw a late faced 156 sw with side skirts. They looked standard. My turismo doesn't have these! waaa, :cry: Is there more than one type of standard skirt (not GTA) or if I go to alfa tomorrow I can order some without fear they won't be the same?

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
That's probably a Veloce ....

Not sure what you get as after-market parts or even if they sell them anymore. The factory-fit ones weren't retrofit due to the fixings.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really how different are the fixings. Is it not a case of drilling holes to match?

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
Not for the originals .. they came with ten small pins fitted to the existing sills, clips in the skirts, screws in the under side and tape along the top. There were also other fittings at the front end behind the skirt and some later ones had another at the rear end behind a small cover. They also had clip-in covers for the rear jacking points.

Not sure what the later ones had, but the pins were fitted at the factory and aren't available as parts ... the clips are though.

There are no visible screw or bolt fittings ... aftermarket ones won't have all this and probably have to be bonded on ... but check with the dealer as they may still have them in the aftermarket range. Otherwise it's down to finding a set you like from the after-market manufacturers like Novitec.

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
OK had a look at eper this morning (the parts system) and there appear to be THREE different skirt types ... the one I described, one that travels up the rear wheel arch (or appears to) and one that is in two halves!! Whether any can still be ordered is anyones guess, but thet do seen to use the same factory-installed fittings so may not be as easy to fit on a "standard" car ...

·
Registered
198 Posts
All the after market types I looked at had to be bonded on. I did buy some but was not happy with the fitting or my poor badly matching spray job, so are now just lying around in the garage.

Your best to get originals if you can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts