Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice that a lot of you guys have painted side skirts, did you paint them yourself's or have a paint shop do it ?, is the plastic difficult to get paint to stick to?

Ive never had a wing on my car , but think i might have the small one on Alfaowers shop and get the skirts painted, and maybe the bumpers painted to remove the black plastic.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A regular bodyshop should be able to colour-code your bits. They use a special primer for plastic - it's more flexible and doesn't crack when the panel flexes.

Ralf S.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bet your car looks odd with no wings?????

Ralf is correct, they use a special "plasticiser" to adhere to the side skirts or bumpers.

wrinx eek!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Listen to Wrinx,he should know.

He's always making enquiries about paint (usually pastel shades) :D

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi yes i removed & had my side skirts colour coded.if done correctly it should be ok!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only thing that worries me about painting side skirts is that they are not smooth. Skirts that are intended to be painted are smooth whilst black ones are textured. This will affect the final paint finish, unless a "filler primer" is used. Perhaps find someone who has had it done satisfactorily and use the same bodyshop.

Now, where's that dulux pale shades catalogue????

wrinx

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think it would be a matter of a couple of coats of primer & finish. mine were the standard black/grey colour with a textured finish now they are smooth colour coded red & look great!
cheers :D

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
...slightly off thread...

Does anyone know where can you buy the small 'touch up' paints to dab stone chips, etc ?

My local Halfords don't stock any Alfa paints.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Halfords.. they lie like cheap Japanese watch! :) they _can_ order matched spray paints & touchup sticks if they want to. I got one a while ago (it took a couple of branches before anyone admited to it) & the match was spot on..

L8r,
Alex

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Failing that you could always try that rarely frequented place.........your Alfa Dealer!! They do touch up paints and lacquer in a twin pack.

wrinx

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
a touch up pen set from alfa is only about £3.00 so its not going to hurt too much and it will match.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Really???? S ure the metallic two pack I bought was about £15 some 5 years ago eek! eek!

wrinx

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
all the twin packs i sell are about £3.00 maybe thats why people keep coming back.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats some serious price re-alignment!! Mine was an Alfa badged blister pack, with the little brush type thing.

wrinx

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wrinx wots your paint code i will look at work and see how much it should be.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Its no good asking for the paint code of the V6 its a lovely shade of non-origonal pink eek!

Should be plain old alfa red.

wrinx

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its Rosso 130 but dont look like it anymore :(

Can you let me know if its a dark or bright red. the door shuts are bright red but the body piant looks darker and then pink in the right light!!

wrinx

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks like I'll try my local Alfa dealer.

Halfords charge £10.99 for a three pen set, primer, paint & lacquer....not much good though if they don't stock it !

1 - 20 of 27 Posts