Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone have an idea of how to protect the metal 'skirtings' (sliver plates) with the Alfa Romeo name and logo on it, on the inside of the door frame? They get scratched everytime you get in or out of the car. I still have the blue plastic strips on them, but it does not look good leaving them like that...

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
There is this sticky foil that can be used on car-paint, perhaps you can use this transparant stuff instead of the blueish stuff :confused:

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Well, you could put a clear spray lacquer on them or a Wax polish. I have tried Mothers Wax polish (had a tin lying around) and it seems to help. Might try my high canauba Zymol Ital wax because it should be even better at resisting damage

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
i would just make sure not to hit them with my shoes when going in/out wink

spraying them with lacquer would be kind of useless IMO cause that scratches too and will still look bad... even though it's probably not the plate itself that gets scratched...

:confused:

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
I have used lacquer before on previous Alfa's and yes it does scratch but is easy to refurbish. However because the current Alfa's has a less removal trim I am using wax polish

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Banflu:
<strong>i would just make sure not to hit them with my shoes when going in/out wink </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Tell that to my wife!

Guys, I have exactly the same problem, so I'll try the wax feature wink

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I honestly don't have a clue wat you lot are talking about (silver skirts and lacquer... is this some crossdresser-secret-code-thing i'm missing here? wink )

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
Dave
Can you see the silver bit on my door sill, before the black rubber door seal?? They are to protect your paint when you get in and out. I would make some reference to high heels being the worse damage makers, but I know you are still a bit touchy...
:D :D :D :D

I am not sure about protecting them, as the whole point of having them is to protect your paintwork! It would be like putting mats on top of your mats... to protect your mats!
:D

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Amsterdavid:
<strong>I honestly don't have a clue wat you lot are talking about (silver skirts and lacquer... is this some crossdresser-secret-code-thing i'm missing here? wink )</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">David,

Stori means "aluminium dorpellijsten" or in British English "aluminium kickguards"....

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Amsterdavid:
<strong>Me not have those!
Were they standard??</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No David, they are only standard on the 2.0 and Selespeed. You'll see them on the 12th. Marcia bargained them for me in the deal eek!

But mine are different than Stori's. Mine are original from Alfa Romeo and the ones from Stori are fromt the Linea Alfa catalogue I suppose.

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
<strong>Doos them make yer wheels go any faster!?
</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">In fact they do :D

They look very :cool: and classy wink

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
renegade, just leave your indoor slippers on,and with the cloth sole types you even polish your bella gettin in an out. laughing :D

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mel Bonkers:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Amsterdavid:
<strong>Me not have those!
Were they standard??</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No David, they are only standard on the 2.0 and Selespeed. You'll see them on the 12th. Marcia bargained them for me in the deal eek!

But mine are different than Stori's. Mine are original from Alfa Romeo and the ones from Stori are fromt the Linea Alfa catalogue I suppose.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i'm sure she "deals" very well Mel! :eek: :eek:

wink :D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the imput guys! My car looks a little different from the picture above. I'm not sure if this is standard or not...

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mel Bonkers:
<strong>No David, they are only standard on the 2.0 and Selespeed. You'll see them on the 12th. Marcia bargained them for me in the deal eek!

But mine are different than Stori's. Mine are original from Alfa Romeo and the ones from Stori are fromt the Linea Alfa catalogue I suppose.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They look great indeed! I'm thinking about get ones from my Bella too... not that I hit the doorstep with my feet :D

Btw, today I saw what someone did to my Bella with another door... some red paint on the right door of my Bella. :rolleyes:

First though was: "&$##&@$%&" :mad: ! Then when I got home I saw it better and after wash it carful... no pain, no dent and not even a scratch! :)

Even so, the bistard who did that stills a bistard! :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts