Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of months ago I bought a pair of aftermarket crystal black side repeaters. Pleased with how they looked, but after bouts of heavy rain, I noticed they fill with condensation. Has anyone else who has bought replacement repeaters had this problem? Is there a quick fix/way to seal them?, or have I just got an ill-fitting crap pair? :D

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
I've had my crystal slear side repeaters on for 8 months now, and haven't condensated up as yet (touch wood!). Are there any small gaps around where the repeaters are bonded together? You may also want to try making a small rubber gasket to go between the bodywork and the repeater - this has helped for me on previous cars.

Simon

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Simon. Yeah, there does seem to be tiny gaps. I will try and make a rubber seal and see if that helps.

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
It'd be worth trying to dry the repeaters out first, and then get a small bit of clear silicone and peshing it into the gaps. Leave them to cure for a couple of hours - that may stop any small traces of water and moisture squirming their way into your repeater.

HTH

Simon

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Which ones did you get, where from? sounds like they're just not quite tight enough... mine haven't had that problem :)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got 'em off EBay :rolleyes: ("Ultimate styling" Brand) so suppose I couldn't expect top quality gear! Just think the mould of them is a tad out. Will try the silicone and see if that does the trick. Cheers!

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
That's where I got mine from, and have no issues. Sadly you may just have a pair that didn't quite set properly (sadly it happens!). As you have said, try the silicone route. Cheap fix as long as it cures it!

Simon

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I have dried them out with my hairdryer and siliconed them up! Just need to wait for the rain to see if its worked or not. Don't think I'll be waiting long:rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Great! I'll have my fingers crossed for you - hope they finally leak no more!! Let us know :D

Simon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts