Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I correct in thinking that the Mito has no way of just having side lights on?...
My light stalk has on/off and thats it....and the on position brings side and main lights on at the same time?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah got that bit ok, but not having the option to run with sidelights as it just starts to get dark is weird!...so its FULL or none then:cry::cry:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's illegal to drive with just side/parking lights on...no lights or daylight runnning/dipped headlights are the order of the day. I'm sure one of the ADIs on here could clarify?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm pretty sure it's illegal to drive with just side/parking lights on...no lights or daylight runnning/dipped headlights are the order of the day. I'm sure one of the ADIs on here could clarify?
really???...so why do other makers have a side light and dipped light setting on the stalks?
surely they are breaking the law to let you use just side lights then.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
It does have sidelights but can only be switched on when parked and engine off iirc

·
Registered
133 Posts
really???...so why do other makers have a side light and dipped light setting on the stalks?
surely they are breaking the law to let you use just side lights then.
I don't have my Mito yet so I don't know but surely you can select parking/sidelights when the ignition is off which as far as I can see is the only time you would need them

If you check check the highway code rules 113 and 115 it looks right you're correct it's not illegal but headlights are recommended in poor light, it all seems about as clear as mud :cry:

I hope you're having fun with your new toy (I'm certainly looking forward to mine!) and what ever the lighting arrangements are I'm sure we'll live with it :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't have my Mito yet so I don't know but surely you can select parking/sidelights when the ignition is off which as far as I can see is the only time you would need them

If you check check the highway code rules 113 and 115 it looks right you're correct it's not illegal but headlights are recommended in poor light, it all seems about as clear as mud :cry:

I hope you're having fun with your new toy (I'm certainly looking forward to mine!) and what ever the lighting arrangements are I'm sure we'll live with it :)
seems that your correct (even though you don't have yours yet..lol)
I will have to live with the fact there is 1 less thing to worry about, and just resign to the fact its Lights....or no Lights....
I will try and have fun when its stops bloody raining!

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
It is not illegal to have sidelights only.

It is illegal to cause unnecessary glare.

You MUST legally have at least sidelights on 30 mins before official dusk time. From Dusk you MUST legally have at least headlights on, and from Dawn for 30 mins you MUST still have at least sidelights on...

Obviously this is not going to always be strictly enforced, and there can be exceptions depending on speed limits and lighting conditions, but this is the general rule ;)

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Here you go, a bit of light reading. http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-mito/176567-side-lights.html. It seems, IIRC, that when you have dipped beam headlights on you also have to have side lights on so Fiat decided to ditch the side lights only option, as it is not a legal requirement, and just have DRL, a soon to be legal requirement, and when you switch the headlights on the DRL bulbs go out and the side light bulbs come on (front and back) to comply with the law. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
803 Posts
You can turn on some 'parking' lights by turning on the lights with the ignition off (not sure if you need the key in or not) should be in the manual somewhere

GK

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Yep turn the engine off, turn the light switch on, take the key out, lock the car and they stay on. I've developed a habit of turning them on at night when I'm filling up fuel. Shame there isn't a sidelight function as well as just the DRL's since I love the rear LED lights, but can't always justify the headlights being on. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for reply but I was asking if possible to turn on just one side. For example when I park the car on the right side of the street, I want to turn on just left side of lights. Sorry for my bad english.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Thanks for reply but I was asking if possible to turn on just one side. For example when I park the car on the right side of the street, I want to turn on just left side of lights. Sorry for my bad english.
Many German-designed cars have this feature, but I don't think any other countries'
cars are thus equipped :( (Activated by leaving sidelights on with the indicators set)

Some drivers of German cars don't realise this- I've seen the occasional one parked
with its nearside sidelights left on inadvertently :rolleyes:

Chris

1 - 15 of 15 Posts