Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The side light function on my Brera is no longer working and I can only activate dipped headlights - the side light function activates dipped lights now.

Motormech said I may need a new stalk control.

Not a huge issue as I still have dipped lights but nothing for murky / cloudy conditions.

Any thoughts / recommendations?

·
Registered
36 Posts
The side light function on my Brera is no longer working and I can only activate dipped headlights - the side light function activates dipped lights now.

Not a huge issue as I still have dipped lights but nothing for murky / cloudy conditions.

I had an issue with my stalk (!) have a look at this thread http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...always-on-menu-function-inoperative-help.html It could be something similar is causing your issues i.e. a broken wire or two.

Even 2nd hand stalk assemblies are hard to find and expensive, there are several variations so you'd need to be careful you got the right one if you can find it. I believe new ones are around £500.

I managed to repair mine bit it wasn't the easiest job and I managed to break the angle sensor while I was at it but overall I still managed to save money and learned a lot along the way. If you do attempt a repair go carefully and be careful not to disturb anything re the positions of the sensors when you're taking it apart and reassembling.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts

Still got the repaired spare if your stuck?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts