Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is no reason on earth for someone to be driving around with their sidelights and fog lights on. Surely?!
I see drivers doing this all the time. Isn't this a 3 points and a fine for driving with fogs/spots on offence?
And don't get me started on the morons who have no idea that dipped headlights are the way to drive at night, NOT WITH YOUR FULL BEAM ON!!!

And breath.....calm......in out..............

Thanks for listening.

:cheese:

·
Super Moderator
86,122 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
I put my foglights on as I am passing them, to blind them back, then straight off afterwards.

On the GTV the sidelights and foglights are teh one unit, so for the numbnuts that do this it would appear as one light.

M

·
0 Posts
especially those frigging volvo drivers with their lights on all the time !!:lol:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
especially those frigging volvo drivers with their lights on all the time !!:lol:
:rant: Had an old bloke tap my window at traffic lights to tell me my lights were on ! To which he had the reply "It's a Volvo you muppet" :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
86,122 Posts

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbs:

What were you doing in a Volvo :tut:

:p
Had two of the damned things 850 then a V70. Needed a big estate for work, got a seperate van now. :D

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Had two of the damned things 850 then a V70. Needed a big estate for work, got a seperate van now. :D
Can I take it you weren't a fan, H?

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Can I take it you weren't a fan, H?
The 850 was a 2.0 and really underpowered. The V70 was a 2.5, still felt underpowered and had more problems with it than the 166 has ever had.

E

·
0 Posts
There is nothing like sticking your rear fogs on when being followed by one of these morons. If you are lucky and stop at lights you can keep your foot on the brake and see the idiot bathed in a sea of red light :lol:

Do they get the hint though? Do they f***!!! :mad:

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
There is nothing like sticking your rear fogs on when being followed by one of these morons. If you are lucky and stop at lights you can keep your foot on the brake and see the idiot bathed in a sea of red light :lol:

Do they get the hint though? Do they f***!!! :mad:
You've been giving this waaaaaaay too much thought, Eddie! :lol:

Doesn't bother me, as I have [smug_mode]an automatically dipping rear-view mirror[/smug_mode]in my 166. :D

Having said that, coming towards me with fog lights on still winds me up! :mad: Can't Alfa Romeo come up with a self-dipping windscreen? :lol:

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
I dont see what the problem is with front facing fog lights (go ahead, flame away ;) ). I would prefer drivers to use fog lights during dusk than main beam which I personally find very distracting when driving at that time of night. I'm also pretty sure that the EU is trying to introduce a law that states they have to be on at all times. But hey, don't get me started on rear fog lights :rant:

S

·
0 Posts
I dont see what the problem is with front facing fog lights (go ahead, flame away ;) ). I would prefer drivers to use fog lights during dusk than main beam which I personally find very distracting when driving at that time of night. I'm also pretty sure that the EU is trying to introduce a law that states they have to be on at all times. But hey, don't get me started on rear fog lights :rant:
I thought it was daylight running lights, which are similar to sidelights, that the EU wanted to have on at all times?

Fog lights are just blinding. They are designed to put light a short distance through heavy fog, not to blind oncoming drivers :rant:

·
Registered
275 Posts
The 850 was a 2.0 and really underpowered. The V70 was a 2.5, still felt underpowered and had more problems with it than the 166 has ever had.
Was the 850 built by DAF in Holland?- and then rebadged as a Volvo.

·
Super Moderator
86,122 Posts
They are designed to put light a short distance through heavy fog, not to blind oncoming drivers :rant:

Exactly, which is the reason front fogs don't blind oncoming drivers :rolleyes:

:lol:

·
Registered
290 Posts
When using front fogs your not supposed to have your dipped beams and should only have your side lights on so in the guys defence he (most likely unknowingly) seems to be one person who has used the fog lights properly (admittedly without the all important fog!)

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
When using front fogs your not supposed to have your dipped beams and should only have your side lights on so in the guys defence he (most likely unknowingly) seems to be one person who has used the fog lights properly (admittedly without the all important fog!)
Again, I thankyou. Thats exactly how I use them during dusk or early winter mornings

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'd read your highway code! (Seriously reduced visibility, I think it says).

Fog lights are only for when ,it's ,well , foggy?!?

The clues in the name.

I will walk away from the keyboard now.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts