Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
Trying to get rid of my 156. The engine's big ends have gone. Apart from that it's in good shape. Recently under sealed, nearly new tyres, all the front suspension arms done, new plugs and thermostat and 11 months left on the MOT.
I tried the two nearest Alfa breakers but they're full. I could take it to the local breakers but they would just smash it up. I'd prefer it to go to someone Alfa friendly. Not looking for a lot, just want it gone. I've already got another 156 v6 sport wagon from Clive at cgtrading ( See the classifieds) where the first one :depressed:came from. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
Cheers,
Pete.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Sounds like a good excuse to put the 3.0 into it if you ask me...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Do you mind me asking if you had symptoms of your big end failure please? Mine has started knocking when cold which gets better when its hot, with a slightly different rattle at about 2k rpm and it sounds big endish to me. Mine has done only 65k miles.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi mistic,
Mine suddenly came on after a fairly fast 20min run. When I got home it was a grumble at idle but with a bit of throttle it developed into a full "bag of spanners" rattle. Took it to my local garage and they confirmed big ends. Sorry.
Following on with my saga, If anyone wants it for nowt, contact me. It's got good history, all the hand books even the dog guard.
Anyhow, I'll keep it till the end of next week then,I'mr afraid, it'll be off to the local scraper. Shame really.
On a lighter note the replacement, 156 2.5 v6 is really nice, and is a worthy successor, again from Clive at CG trading.
Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
Peter
I

1 - 4 of 4 Posts