Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.... been using the forum for a short while now as a non memeber! great forum!!!

anyways i had my 156 jtd 2.4 for just over a month now and i have started getting immobilser probs!
it just says code
i checked the dredded antenna and it reads 4.9 ohms (is that good???????)

can any1 help me and see what else i should check... im shure i read somewere that the battery helps... but its got anuff power to turn the engine over so i guess its anuff to power the immobiliser...

what should i look out for please help before i give up on alfas! i love driving it and i understand what clarksons on about!!! :)

any help most appreciated! thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did that and i think i have tryed the most.... basicly i can see antenna and battery... any more i should look into?????

cheers :)

·
Registered
9,591 Posts
Try the wiring into the relay blocks in front of the battery - on my JTD corroded wiring there caused the "code" problem the day after I bought it. Could be the relay itself, but unusual - usually the wiring into the relay mounting block which may be faulty even if it looks OK...official guidance is to "stress" the connections - the wires may come away in your hands......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THANKS RGWM il check that all out tomorrow... so i might need to do some rewiring... ummm
which relay is the one for the immobiliser? any idea? and how do you test them to see if they are faulty or not?

thanks so much all help very welcomed! :)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Test the voltage to the immobilser box when you run the starter and see if you have
more then 10V otherwise the immobilser box don't work properly and you may have imobeliser problems, starter motor turns the engine over but draws a lot of power and the battery provides less power now when it is cold, so it can happen that you get so much voltage drop to the immobilser box so that the immobilser is not functioning properly, a well charged / (new) battery usually helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HEY gtv thanks for reply...

where abouts would i check the box is getting 10v?

the battery was parpped and now i got a new 1 on it today. i disconected battery over night then put new 1 on and still nothing... soon going to break and sell the car at this rate.. im sooo fed up with it...

thanks for ur help

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
the fault will probably be minor and cheap, finding it is your issue.

you need an auto electrician if you cannot do it yourself

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HAPPY DAYS PEOPLE I FIXED IT!!!! new battery and all it was is the 2 small red relays were covered in grean and white limescaley pap! thanks so much for your help!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts