Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i know crime is international but in SOuth Africa Alfa Romeos are a safe bet right?
:rant:
Not any more some ass tried to steal the White Gtv(i mean really?? what are they gonna do with a 1996 ph1 Gtv 2.0L Nogal) this past weekend i spoke to my friend whos a superintentdent at 1 of the Police stations in Gauteng(a Big One) and he advised that there has been a number of reported alfa romeo hijacks and cars being stolen so this begs the question who is safe not even the poor suckers that drive Alfa Romeo which is latin for "il be an awsum machine but wen i give you kak jy sal betal".:tut:

I mean now to enjoy our cars we got to be more vigilent sommer soos a BMW M3 driver,watch wer we park wer we drive check for tails etc:(

besides the Alfa Romeo cars having a messed up transponder key coded ignition(am i right?) and can still be stolen??:confused:

I guess its sad that crime is rampant in our beautiful country,well just to my fellow ALfisti be on the look out as the [email protected]#% [email protected]#$% are lookin Out at us.:mad:

·
Registered
726 Posts
Ok i know crime is international but in SOuth Africa Alfa Romeos are a safe bet right?
Not any more some ass tried to steal the White Gtv(i mean really?? what are they gonna do with a 1996 ph1 Gtv 2.0L Nogal) this past weekend i spoke to my friend whos a superintentdent at 1 of the Police stations in Gauteng(a Big One) and he advised that there has been a number of reported alfa romeo hijacks and cars being stolen so this begs the question who is safe not even the poor suckers that drive Alfa Romeo which is latin for "il be an awsum machine but wen i give you kak jy sal betal".:tut:

I mean now to enjoy our cars we got to be more vigilent sommer soos a BMW M3 driver,watch wer we park wer we drive check for tails etc:(

besides the Alfa Romeo cars having a messed up transponder key coded ignition(am i right?) and can still be stolen??:confused:

I guess its sad that crime is rampant in our beautiful country,well just to my fellow ALfisti be on the look out as the [email protected]#% [email protected]#$% are lookin Out at us.:mad:
I was assured that Alfas key code system makes it VERY difficult to steal atleast the 916 series... would like to hear if this is actually the case?

·
Registered
476 Posts
The problem is....Supply and demand....

There is a demand for GTV 916 parts..... so they will try and steal it. They dont know about the key coding and stuff. They just want to steal it, and in the process due to their dumpness, they on ly do damage to the cars.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Ag I don't know...

I was told DON'T buy a red GTi...whatever.

It doesn't matter what car you drive, always be vigilant and alert, now that you know the GTV's are in demand you mus tbe extra careful now...but don't worry, the Toyota D4D is the most wanted!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts

They need a proper getaway car...? :confused:

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I think orders on steeling and Hijacking Alfas will increase.
They are landing in the hands of people who can not maintain them but know to who they should speak for secondhand spares, no matter how they obtained it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
It was compulsory for my insurance for the GQV to be fitted with a tracker because it is considered as a high risk vehicle, this was again told to me by tracker.

I think this is mostly attributed to joyrides, and not theft for parts

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Big thats kuk. Most insurance companies these days insist on tracker if the value is over 200k

tell teh tracker guy to fly a kite

1 - 10 of 10 Posts