Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I only seem to post on here when I have a problem :rolleyes: anyway on my way back from work today some moron decided to use my car to stop instead of their brakes. Result is that the rear skirt is buggered and the boot is creased up, I can't get the spare wheel out! The bit that the boot lid closes on to (don't know the proper name for it) is pushed in a fair way but the boot still open and closes ok.

The heat sheild that surrounds the exhaust is creased and buckled along it's length and the passenger side rear door now catches a bit when opening and closing. I have no idea how insurance companies work but would anyone have an idea if this would be enough to write it off? It's a 54 plate 147 JTD M-Jet 5 door.

To top it all off my neck and back are stiffening up and my ribs feel bruised, looks like I wont be getting much sleep tonight :(

Cheers for any advice

Adam

·
Registered
139 Posts
if it's done the boot floor it's more than likely gonna be written off mate especially with the other damage.

Sorry to hear about it but at least if can't be put down to your fault in any way!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bugger, I'm not sure whether that is a good thing or not. I absolutely love my car so would hate to see it written off but on the other hand I don't know if it would ever seem the same again if it got repaired. Thanks for replying though, I guess I'll have to wait around for weeks for the insurance companies to decide......

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Garry,

I have two very good lawyers who are family members so I should be well covered in that respect.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Who you insured with? Please don't say KGM......

If they offer to write the car off then don't argue, when it comes to sale time anyone who does a HPI check will walk away if it is repaired........

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Who you insured with? Please don't say KGM......

If they offer to write the car off then don't argue, when it comes to sale time anyone who does a HPI check will walk away if it is repaired........
It's insured with More Than, I take it you had a bad experience with KGM? I guess it be written off might be the best answer then

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
It's insured with More Than, I take it you had a bad experience with KGM? I guess it be written off might be the best answer then
I've made 2 third party claims with more than and they handled both well ... although I did get a C4 picasso as a loan car the last time my car was in which I WASN'T happy with ... but it was only for a few days ...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've made 2 third party claims with more than and they handled both well ... although I did get a C4 picasso as a loan car the last time my car was in which I WASN'T happy with ... but it was only for a few days ...
haha, fingers crossed I don't get one of those then! I know whatever I get I'll be glad when I get my car back or buy another alfa. Last loan car I had was a fiat punto which was a pretty awful experience

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
haha, fingers crossed I don't get one of those then! I know whatever I get I'll be glad when I get my car back or buy another alfa. Last loan car I had was a fiat punto which was a pretty awful experience
The place I take my car to for servicing (AHM) has a fiat punto courtesy car ... and I love it, it's a great fun car to drive ... just don't take it seriously, I was in a hurry once and tried to push it a bit and it didn't really go any quicker :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The place I take my car to for servicing (AHM) has a fiat punto courtesy car ... and I love it, it's a great fun car to drive ... just don't take it seriously, I was in a hurry once and tried to push it a bit and it didn't really go any quicker :(
I think I may have been expecting too much of mine. I had it for just over a week and it was really irritating me by the end of it, I felt like I could have pushed it around quicker.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I think I may have been expecting too much of mine. I had it for just over a week and it was really irritating me by the end of it, I felt like I could have pushed it around quicker.
But it makes you apprieate your own car SOOOOOOOOOOO much more when you get it back (which is why he's got it :thumbs:)

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
My car was used as a brake last saturday, was taken by bodyshop today to be checked out came back as no damage, kind of double edged sword, good to know its OK but wouldn't of minded it being a write off because then I get to buy a new car.

Yours sounds knackered, had an £11K written off for what lloked like minor damage because chassis was bent, take the money enjoy buying a new car and get the most for the back problem, hope you don't suffer too much though.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
lol very very true, it made the alfa seem extremely fast again after a week
One of the last times I took it in, it was for a remap ... jesus, when I got back in it felt like a rocket ship ... scrared the [email protected] out of me for the next week :D

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Hey,

I only seem to post on here when I have a problem :rolleyes: anyway on my way back from work today some moron decided to use my car to stop instead of their brakes. Result is that the rear skirt is buggered and the boot is creased up, I can't get the spare wheel out! The bit that the boot lid closes on to (don't know the proper name for it) is pushed in a fair way but the boot still open and closes ok.

The heat sheild that surrounds the exhaust is creased and buckled along it's length and the passenger side rear door now catches a bit when opening and closing. I have no idea how insurance companies work but would anyone have an idea if this would be enough to write it off? It's a 54 plate 147 JTD M-Jet 5 door.

To top it all off my neck and back are stiffening up and my ribs feel bruised, looks like I wont be getting much sleep tonight :(

Cheers for any advice

Adam
I had same happen to me and I was told it's a right off, they gave me a good price for mine I thought too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the replies guys, sounds like I could be shopping for a new motor soon then. Let's hope I can find something I like at the right price. Just got back from A&E after 2.5 hours, I've got whiplash, bruised ribs and torn muscle fibres in my shoulder apparently. Just gotta keep taking painkillers

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Oh boy, are you going to get some pocket money out of that!

I got £1,000 18 years ago for just whiplash!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts