Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just passed my test today, and am going to purchase my mito in the next few days.

What discounts have people received on showroom cars? im looking at the 1.4 95bhp veloce.

what price should i be aiming at and what discounts have people received.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

thanks

x

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
Congrats on passing your test :thumbs:

May i also say hello and welcome to the forum to you too :thumbs:

Best of luck buying your Mi.To :D :D

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Some people have had success at £500 off list price for a new order, even up to £1k for one or two lucky customers.

I would expect the discount to be similar on a car thats already in stock, as they have the cost of holding the car in stock but you also have the benefit of having the car there and then. (If you meant a new order...then see above), it will all depend on the spec you order as well.

Doesn't hurt to ask for freebies like mats e.t.c too ;)

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
You should be able to get a decent discount in this current climate. I would personally buy a slightly more pokey engine, 95bhp isn't alot in what is a relatively big/heavy car.

·
Registered
88 Posts
On the back of some stories on here i pushed and got the etna black paint free thats it ( so basically a 400 quid discount on the car ) it even surprised they sales guy as he was instructed by his manager there are no discounts ( well thats what he said anyway ) anyway it was straight forward as I was realistic

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
who did u bump uglies with for that:cheese::cheese:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi
When you buy, just say you do not want any dealer advertising stickers etc on the car, unless they want to throw in some freebies! ;)
Always has worked for me.:thumbs:
Steve

·
Registered
150 Posts
i tried two dealers for discount and were told by both that demand is outstripping supply so no discounts are availabl. i was paying cash at that as well

·
Registered
713 Posts
I think i got over a £1000 of mine but im just luck...its because i got the matalic paint for free :D
£1000!!! cant believe that, what spec did you get and how much you actually pay for the car?

If you did well done however...image its more around the £600 mark though! :thumbs:

·
Registered
467 Posts
We got absolutely naff all off our MiTo. Didn't even get any freebies when we picked it up either.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
£1000!!! cant believe that, what spec did you get and how much you actually pay for the car?

If you did well done however...image its more around the £600 mark though! :thumbs:
Well all I did was asked them to beat perrys which was £400 cheaper at the time.

Then I got the matalic paint Etna black for free.

And negogiated a few quid here and there on the monthly price.

I think I was just lucky as I was dealing with the Vauxhall side of Marshalls Alfa so it was probs easier to negioate.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Well all I did was asked them to beat perrys which was £400 cheaper at the time.

Then I got the matalic paint Etna black for free.

And negogiated a few quid here and there on the monthly price.

I think I was just lucky as I was dealing with the Vauxhall side of Marshalls Alfa so it was probs easier to negioate.
Well done, so what was the actual invoice price of your car? And what specification did you got for including extra's?:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Well done, so what was the actual invoice price of your car? And what specification did you got for including extra's?:thumbs:
I think it was 12...something...I should really find that out this wednesday :rolleyes:

I took the veloch...sorry for misspelling...also i added the Bose cos i love mi music...

·
Registered
713 Posts
I think it was 12...something...I should really find that out this wednesday :rolleyes:

I took the veloch...sorry for misspelling...also i added the Bose cos i love mi music...
£12,000????

the spec you have is £14,045, as you have went for the 1.4tb 120 didn't you? that being said even if you bought the car for £12,999 that means you over £1045 of list price! Are you sure??? :confused: I think that you may be mistaken mate!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts