Alfa Romeo Forum banner

261 - 280 of 310 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Well as promised here are the pics of the new wheels, i love them :D but have had some people say they love them others hate them i guess its a love/hate type of thing!
Sorry to say I'm in the latter, I don't like the black on silver at all. Looks like a ballerina in hobnail boots. Just my opinion of course.

All the best

Pub

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi 05GT love the look! Are them 17's or 18's you have on there?
Been looking at the same springs and dampers and was just wondering how you feel about the ride comfort with them on and also where did you get them and what how much if you dont mind saying. I've priced them and getting the springs for £185 and dampers for £427. Would that be about right? Any info you can share would be greatly appriciated :thumbs:
Thanks lee4785

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Been looking at the same springs and dampers and was just wondering how you feel about the ride comfort with them on and also where did you get them and what how much if you dont mind saying. I've priced them and getting the springs for £185 and dampers for £427. Would that be about right? Any info you can share would be greatly appriciated :thumbs:
Thanks lee4785
I have them fitted to my GT. I got them from Larkspeed. If you wanted to take my car for a spin to see how they feel, I'm sure we could work something out. Sits lower, looks good, handles brilliantly.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Thanks lee4785
Cheers They are the 18" original multispokes. The ride is better than it was before. Much less crashing over pot holes and bumps with much better handling. It took about a 1000 miles for the springs to settle so if you go down that route and think the ride is too harsh initially you just need to give it some time.

I do think 17's would give a slighly better ride but the 18s look great so I am sticking with them.

I did get the the worn top wishbones replaced at the same time which would also have helped as the were done. I haven't had any grounding issues and the front undertray is still fine.

I got mine from Motorsport World. I don't remember the exact price but they and larkspeed had the best prices at the time. I think I paid about £425 for the dampers and £160 for the springs but that was around 1 year ago.

By the way that pic was taken after I did an Autoglym SRP polish with EGP on top. I have colinite 476s on now for the winter which is less shiney but much more durable.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have them fitted to my GT. I got them from Larkspeed. If you wanted to take my car for a spin to see how they feel, I'm sure we could work something out. Sits lower, looks good, handles brilliantly.
Cheers for the offer CCOVICH really appriciate it but think i'm going to go ahead and get them, found them for 549euro on alfisti.net and seems a good price for the pro system so going to bite the bullet and order them :D hopefully i'll see you at an alfameet sometime i'm hoping to go to my first one next time one is on, work permitting :thumbs:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Cheers They are the 18" original multispokes. The ride is better than it was before. Much less crashing over pot holes and bumps with much better handling. It took about a 1000 miles for the springs to settle so if you go down that route and think the ride is too harsh initially you just need to give it some time.

I do think 17's would give a slighly better ride but the 18s look great so I am sticking with them.

I did get the the worn top wishbones replaced at the same time which would also have helped as the were done. I haven't had any grounding issues and the front undertray is still fine.

I got mine from Motorsport World. I don't remember the exact price but they and larkspeed had the best prices at the time. I think I paid about £425 for the dampers and £160 for the springs but that was around 1 year ago.

By the way that pic was taken after I did an Autoglym SRP polish with EGP on top. I have colinite 476s on now for the winter which is less shiney but much more durable.
Thanks or the reply 05GT
I have my Eibach Pro System on its way to me from Alfisti.net so i'll hopefully have pics up in a week or two :thumbs: my only concern now is i removed my undertray and haven't got it anymore and wonder now shud i try get one or will it be a big deal would you think?
Thanks Lee4785

·
Registered
332 Posts
Thanks or the reply 05GT
I have my Eibach Pro System on its way to me from Alfisti.net so i'll hopefully have pics up in a week or two :thumbs: my only concern now is i removed my undertray and haven't got it anymore and wonder now shud i try get one or will it be a big deal would you think?
Thanks Lee4785
Personally I wouldn't bother but if you do want to get one an Aluminuim would be better and will give more ground clearance. I think you can get them from Alfisti.net or there is a company in Denmark does them. Have a search on the tuning forum and you should find some posts about the Danish comapnay or pm DavidC as he will know.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
Nice car Ros, lurve the colour :cool:

261 - 280 of 310 Posts