Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking at potentially getting a 2013 Giulietta Sportiva 2.0 JTDM.

I've been speaking to someone who has a lovely looking "Rosso Maranello" one. However, I can't get a good idea of the colour as it looks flat in some photos and more metallic in others...

So, let's see your Rosso Maranellos out in the sunshine!

·
Registered
908 Posts
Hi I don’t have any pictures of mine in the sun but search the forum for a post called ‘sportiva pics’ in the guilietta section and you will see mine.

The colour is fairly flat in dull/cloudy weather but still has a nice shine if that makes sense. In the sunlight there is a strong metallic flake which really does pop. It’s a typical Alfa metallic that does display different shades depending on the light. The colour really does show the lines incredibly well.

Interestingly the brochures and literature for these cars lists the colour as metallic red. Maranello Red as far as I can gather was never listed. Look for the badge next to the bonnet catch. It will state Rosso Maranello. Engine wise the 170bhp diesel is very strong performance wise. Dynamic mode has been described as brutal because of the 350nm of torque. Make sure you get the sportiva spec just to get the titanium turbine wheels an brembo calipers. Oh and the double exhausts look good aswell.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi I don’t have any pictures of mine in the sun but search the forum for a post called ‘sportiva pics’ in the guilietta section and you will see mine.

The colour is fairly flat in dull/cloudy weather but still has a nice shine if that makes sense. In the sunlight there is a strong metallic flake which really does pop. It’s a typical Alfa metallic that does display different shades depending on the light. The colour really does show the lines incredibly well.

Interestingly the brochures and literature for these cars lists the colour as metallic red. Maranello Red as far as I can gather was never listed. Look for the badge next to the bonnet catch. It will state Rosso Maranello. Engine wise the 170bhp diesel is very strong performance wise. Dynamic mode has been described as brutal because of the 350nm of torque. Make sure you get the sportiva spec just to get the titanium turbine wheels an brembo calipers. Oh and the double exhausts look good aswell.

Hope this helps.
Thank you

The Giulietta I've attached the photo of is the one I'd be getting. It's the 140, but had been remapped by Autolusso to 180

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
510 Posts
I couldn't get a good photo of mine in the sun, but it is a blood red colour colour most of the time, yet does look stunning when the sun shines onto it.I think they stopped doing this colour with the first face lift.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts