Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Sorry but that is a false argument. If you join the army you should be aware a war may occur at any time. Similarly if you choose to work in health care pandemics are not unknown and must be expected. However I will accept that workers in supermarkets etc could not have reasonably expected present conditions

·
Registered
34,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Easy to say, but it’s not normally at the forefront of many people’s minds, the idea of pandemics?

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Unfortunately life is not easy.

The honourable thing to do if they cannot face the risks is resign. Going sick and waiting for the risk to reduce while taking the money is unfair on those accepting the risks and continuing to work. Anything else is picking and choosing the best bits and leaving the worst, ie the increased risks, for others.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
We've had people that have/ are clearly taking the **** with this. That's why I think employers should have access to test info. Tony has hit the nail on the head.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
It is a breach of your data.
If your employer publishes your test result with no justification then it's a breach of GDPR. If the data is necessary to the administration of his business, then asking for and storing the data is not a breach. I should have thought that a court would support the employer in judging that protection of his workforce against the pandemic was reasonable, especially in the context of the restricitve measures imposed by the government. M'Lud.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,710 Posts
Surely a good boss would respect the results, and act/respond in a way that’s appropriate for your welfare.

·
Registered
34,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
And if you’re insisting on not working when your reason is a positive result but it was in fact an all-clear negative?

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,710 Posts
Legally, dunno. Morally, let the fudge sit on their conscience.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts

·
Registered
34,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
To be tested they need to have symptoms of Covid and their employer knows when they’ve tested but it’s up to them to tell work their result.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
So did I. I'm sure the majority were.

·
Registered
34,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
And the family of essential workers if they have symptoms. But not the essential worker themselves if not showing symptoms..
My wife is phoning some now to get them to test. Yesterday one was very brief in saying I’ll phone you back. She didn’t. One development is testing for those who don’t drive, by post. Only problem is , it’s unclear how..

·
Registered
7,349 Posts

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Unfortunately life is not easy.

The honourable thing to do if they cannot face the risks is resign. Going sick and waiting for the risk to reduce while taking the money is unfair on those accepting the risks and continuing to work. Anything else is picking and choosing the best bits and leaving the worst, ie the increased risks, for others.
Sounds like you are describing snowflakes.

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Wife and I went to to a football stadium outside Brighton yesterday evening to be tested as she is a key worker and I guess because I am first contact. Neither of us have any symptoms, but her care home group wants everyone tested.

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
We are clear! Phew it was touch and go for a while. :rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
When wife and I went for our test a couple of weeks ago, mine came back within 72 hours, clear. No result for wife. She tested again at work (care home) no result, also at the same time all the other staff were tested at the home, over half have had no result come back, the same is being reported from the Gatwick test facility. Whats going on? or of the 100,000 tests, are only 50% getting actually tested????

·
Vendor
45,772 Posts
My wife was asked by her employer to take a swab test a few days ago, her first one. She's NHS. It was a negative result, came through in 2 days. She said it was really unpleasant.

We suspect she might have had it in December, as she came down with a flu-type illness then, a couple of weeks after seeing my mum, who had similar symptoms late November. There were soldiers on the army camp that my mum works at who were ill in November after visiting Wuhan for the world military games mid to late October 2019, so it's possible, if the virus was around a couple of weeks before the official timeline. The WHO was still saying it could not be transmitted from person to person until sometime late December / early January, which in retrospect was clearly not the case. Hoping to get antibody tested when they become available, which I think will give a fairly conclusive result one way or the other.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts