Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
34,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are tested and found to be “clear” should you be able to tell your boss you were found “positive”?

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Unless you’re a key worker I doubt you’ll be even able to be tested.
I would assume senior member of staff would have sent you by arrangement to a hospital as you’re part of the important workforce that has probably been in contact with a person that has been confirmed to have C19. I,e a care worker.
A store assistant would be told to stay at home for two weeks and contact work after that period for a return to work interview.

As a key worker. Your boss would have an invested interest in those results, so I’d say that would be standard procedure. Not a breach of your data

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Sorry I assumed "clear" meant negative in which case to report a positive when tested negative to obtain sick pay might be considered fraud

·
Registered
34,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry I assumed "clear" meant negative in which case to report a positive when tested negative to obtain sick pay might be considered fraud
Indeed. Or to not attend when your services are seriously needed.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
I retired eleven years ago so perhaps the rules have changed but I thought you could only self certificate up to seven days, after that you needed a doctors certificate and surely the doctor would be within his rights to ask for the test result before issuing a certificate or else refuse to issue it without evidence of sickness.

·
Registered
384 Posts
You could therefore self-certify for 7 days self-isolation period. If you then contracted the virus for real it may lead to an interesting conversation. How many random days off can you swing for granny's funeral? ;) I think swinging the lead like that can always backfire.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
I've always been of the 'nothing to hide' mentality. I see no reason not to allow an employer your test result. As mentioned, it would stop the scammers.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
According to the leaflet sent from 10 Downing Street it is seven days (or until the symptoms cease) for any person showing the symptoms (from the time the symptoms appear) and 14 days for the household.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
On the flip side if that coin. We’ve been told some have tested negative but still have the virus.
We’ve been told some don’t have the symptoms but have still spread the virus. I don’t think the test kits can be 100% trusted.
Cue2 you’ll know more with your wife being an NHS worker
Anyone that feels the need to insulate can still do so. There’s no way during a pandemic they could fire you. There’s not a employment tribunal in the land that would not back you up for not attending work because you wanted self insulation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I reckon there's more than a few who are trying it on.

I agree to it being a breach of confidentiality for an employer to ask for proof of testing, but I do sympathise, some employers must be pulling their hair out at certain member's of staff who will be taking advantage.

But then I dont just reckon it stops at employees either, employer's and larger organisations will be pushing the boundaries of state financial support for their own benefits.

·
Registered
34,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Some workers did not sign up for the current risks of carrying out their jobs. Worse than joining the army when there were no wars to fight in.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts