Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my spider for 3 days now and absolutely loving it. One thing I have noticed though, when I open the door the windows don't go down at all. I have owned other cars which don't have a frame and the windows have always gone down by about half an inch to prevent causing damage when closing the door. I've noticed that the doors have to be closed fairly heavily and hits the mohair as it closes. On the passenger side this is starting to wear away the fabric and I'd rather have the windows repaired than wait until the roof is damaged. But, before I go and ask the garage to repair something that was never there in the first place I thought I'd better ask on here!

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Your windows need to be adjusted, spiders have this problem often. I just had a new top installed and they adjusted the window height and angle to avoid the problem that you are having. Hope this helps

·
Registered
458 Posts
Mine retract automatically, but it's a feature on the later Phase 2's by all accounts (mines a GTV so it may be different for Spiders) I'm sure someone knows more than me :)

Mines a 2001 btw

Ben

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
Earlier cars don't have the automatic retract feature, and its a common fault on the cars that do have it, I'm afraid......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts