Well should he be dropped????

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
7,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after watching some awful, dire football of late.....yep England :eek:

It is clear that Wayne Rooney - is not the player for England as he once was :(

He seems to be at odds with the role of Forward or Striker and constantly hunts the ball - watches the ball or simply drops so far back he is offering no support up front :confused:

Is it time he was dropped from the squad - I can not see England doing anything with him in it I am afraid.....:tut:

Chris

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Other :p

:D

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Yes, from a very high building.:)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
but then I don't care if England loose...:lol:

·
Administrator
46,117 Posts
If you're going to drop Rooney, there are approximately another 10 players who need to be dropped first.

Against Andorra of all people, can you tell me how many chances on goal he was presented with by our midfield?

One.

What the hell is he supposed to do in that situation? What he did was to drop deeper and come up with the only bits of creative play which the entire England team managed during the whole game, one of which resulted in Coles second goal.

What about our inspirational captian 'Big man' Terry, who FOUR TIMES IN A ROW, against Andorra, decided to welly a long ball forward from the halfway line and put it straight out of play. And continued to do that fairly regularly throughout the game. The only time we stopped playing aimless high balls through to our attackers was when Heskey came on!
At every given point throughout that game we were playing in exactly the way needed to give Andorra a chance. Stupidity and lack of creativity were our problems, not our forward line.

·
Banned
7,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you're going to drop Rooney, there are approximately another 10 players who need to be dropped first.

Against Andorra of all people, can you tell me how many chances on goal he was presented with by our midfield?

One.

What the hell is he supposed to do in that situation? What he did was to drop deeper and come up with the only bits of creative play which the entire England team managed during the whole game, one of which resulted in Coles second goal.

What about our inspirational captian 'Big man' Terry, who FOUR TIMES IN A ROW, against Andorra, decided to welly a long ball forward from the halfway line and put it straight out of play. And continued to do that fairly regularly throughout the game. The only time we stopped playing aimless high balls through to our attackers was when Heskey came on!
At every given point throughout that game we were playing in exactly the way needed to give Andorra a chance. Stupidity and lack of creativity were our problems, not our forward line.

But Bazza - he has been dropping from the forward line for sometime now :confused: - you have to be up there to create in the final third - so what happens is the play breaks down and nothing happens - which results in the long ball garbage...

I admit the midfield of late has been woefull - but I am not just judging him on the Andorra game - he has been like that since his injury in 2004 :confused: he is not the same player for England :tut:

Chris

R

·
0 Posts
Wayne Rooney, let me think is he the one that looks like shrek and Bangs 80 year old prostitutes ? :lol:

H

·
0 Posts
If he stopped drifting out wide (is he instructed to do that by Capello?) then his performances would improve.

He's at his best when he drops a bit deep, but he has to be central, and have a true striker feeding from him.

·
Registered
47 Posts
:rolleyes: Don't think he should be dropped, its just that Succesive England Managers (and Alex Ferguson to some extent) don't seem to use him as I think he should be used.

His great strength when he has played his best for club and country is getting the ball from deep and running at defenders putting the fear of God into them and either pulling the trigger early or laying the ball off the the striker waiting in the space that he has created (by drawing defenders). The problem with the England management at the moment and for the past decade or so is that they seem to want to pick the 11 biggest names rather than the 11 most effective players who they then try to play without any clear instruction of HOW to play. John Terry :rant: shouldn't be captain, Frank Lampard should never start for England again, Joe Cole is the only one of the 11 who can (or who dares to) create something from nothing and should therefore start every game on the left wing and we should put Paul Robinson in goal - seemingly dropped for one (albeit a howler) mistake (James has made, and continues to make loads). . . and the world cup is ours!!!

QED.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Keep him in ! England's ****ed anyway !!! :D

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
No. As Corvus and Bazza say, he needs to be deployed better.

He wastes too much energy and talent working for others in the side. We are guilty of doing that at United too often as well as England.

He and Joe Cole should be given licence to strut their stuff. Gerrard should play his best role up the middle as he prefers. Everyone else should be getting the ball to those three as much as possible.

H

·
0 Posts
No. As Corvus and Bazza say, he needs to be deployed better.

He wastes too much energy and talent working for others in the side. We are guilty of doing that at United too often as well as England.

He and Joe Cole should be given licence to strut their stuff. Gerrard should play his best role up the middle as he prefers. Everyone else should be getting the ball to those three as much as possible.
I'd drop Gerrard. I can't remember the last time he actually performed in an England shirt.
The choice between him and big fat Frank is an easy one.

I'd drop 'em both.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
I'd drop Gerrard. I can't remember the last time he actually performed in an England shirt.
The choice between him and big fat Frank is an easy one.

I'd drop 'em both.
Sorry HST - you are wrong. About Gerrard anyway.

He's a scouser and it sticks in my throat to say it but he is genuine quality.

His England performances, like a few others, have been hampered by successive managers' unfathomable predilection for playing people out of position. :confused:

H

·
0 Posts
Sorry HST - you are wrong. About Gerrard anyway.

He's a scouser and it sticks in my throat to say it but he is genuine quality.

His England performances, like a few others, have been hampered by successive managers' unfathomable predilection for playing people out of position. :confused:
He IS indeed quality. For Liverpool.

He, like so many others, is an immediate pick for the England team, and that's why he needs to be dropped. He needs to realise that playing for England is not something to take for granted, it's an honour, and it takes every ounce of the effort that he gives to his club.

In short, Gerrard, Lampard and a few others need a reality check.

Drop 'em, and make them earn their place back.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts