Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should throttle body buzz when throttle reset is carried out?

also what is a normal 2.0 ts temp range? where should it lie?

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Just had a search and have found this:
Gazza82's Alfa 156 2-litre Twinspark

Click on hints and tips then scroll down to throttle reset. Is this how you have done it?

Could it be a bit of the aircon, a fan or another gizmo making a noise?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have no ida about the throttle, but the coolant temp should sit at 90 and move barely a needles width above or below. Most common cause for this is a duff thermostat. Have a read of this.....
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/engines-ts-jts-jtd-and-v6/112935-how-to-change-a-thermostat-on-a-twinspark.html

Sitting below 85 is a duff thermostat, going over 90 is probably a duff low speed fan resistor or relay. Anything from 80-90 is fine. I changed my stat when it was sitting at around 70 and it now sits at around 85, except in traffic when it creeps up to 105 before the hi speed fan kicks in (my low speed fan doesn't work for reasons I have yet to investigate).

·
Registered
223 Posts
Don't know about a 2.0 TS, but the V6 electronically controlled throttle body "buzzez" as the servo drive motor spins the valve around to re-learn it's settings. Gues the idle control servo on other engines would do the same.

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
If you listen carefully when you turn of the ignition on a TS, you can here the actuator resetting the butterfly position, etc. When you turn the ignition on, lots of sensors and things operate, so it could be the actuator buzzes ... it contains a small electric motor which opens/closes the throttle butterfly ... I've reset mine several times, but never really listened ... usually had the radio on as it's boring waiting for 90 secs to pass!

And you can reset it as many times as you like .....

If you have AlfaDiag, or access to it via a friend, you can also reset the idle actuator itself. I guess it returns it to the correct starting position. If you do that, you have to follow the throttle reset process as well, or the car is unlikely to start/run.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts