Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Look like the bottom of the air induction? Should it be secured to the metal bracket things somehow?
Passenger side under front bumper.

Trying to get to the bottom of my knocking and found this which rocks about (although i dont think its the noise im looking for!)

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
It looks fine!:confused: and mounted the way it left the factory.

Have you checked suspension and exhaust as regards knocking?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whats the metal bracket for if it shouldnt be attached??
Yup checked all suspension parts i can wobble and the exhaust..

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its not a nut i dont think.. But its not attached to anything.. The L shaped part at the bottom is loose, not attached to anything!

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
If you look on the bottom of the black plastic airbox, you will see a nipple, you pull the airbox up and out of this housing with some force, you will see in the housing a rubber ring/bung simply push airbox into the 'O' Ring and its seated.

before you reseat the Black plastic airbox, you will see the metal cage as in biffa's post above, this is screwed to the chassis on the right hand side as you look into engine bay, two screws i believe hold it in situ bolted to the metal chassis.

·
Registered
175 Posts
A strange knocking noise,check bumper irons,mine was knocking it turned out to be a left side bumper iron had rotted through but didnt drop,so over bumps it knocked.took ages to find.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you look on the bottom of the black plastic airbox, you will see a nipple, you pull the airbox up and out of this housing with some force, you will see in the housing a rubber ring/bung simply push airbox into the 'O' Ring and its seated.

before you reseat the Black plastic airbox, you will see the metal cage as in biffa's post above, this is screwed to the chassis on the right hand side as you look into engine bay, two screws i believe hold it in situ bolted to the metal chassis.
the nipply bit had snapped of the airbox, so its not attached!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Unless you can get a cheap replacement airbox, I'd just locate the airbox bottom to the bracket using a longish M8 bolt and some penny washers?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Unless you can get a cheap replacement airbox, I'd just locate the airbox bottom to the bracket using a longish M8 bolt and some penny washers?
yeh i was thinking something similar. How would i secure the bolt in the bracket? I dont think there will be enough room to slip a nut on...

·
Registered
948 Posts
IIRC you should be able to bolt through the whole lot with a large washer each side?

I took all this lot off my P1 GTV when I fitted a CDA a few years ago, managed to retain the factory inlet trunking to feed the CDA and avoid sucking up puddle water.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
IIRC you should be able to bolt through the whole lot with a large washer each side?

I took all this lot off my P1 GTV when I fitted a CDA a few years ago, managed to retain the factory inlet trunking to feed the CDA and avoid sucking up puddle water.
Ok back onto this. The bracket secures to the bottom of the large cylindrical box. As someone mention there should be a nipple attached to the bottom of the airbox that pushes through the bracket. But this has snapped off leaving a small hole in the bottom of the box.

What in this box? If i try to poke a small bolt through to secure box to bracket, im a going to poke in and damage anything?

·
Registered
948 Posts
The air filter is in the box, sitting on a floating circular base plate.
If you take the lid off and remove the air filter all will become very clear.
You'll most likely need access from both sides to get a proper fix anyway, unless you want to take a chance on some self tapping effort.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts