Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My back end seems a bit bouncy, wallows a bit over speedbumps, I thought I'd bust a shock but they seem fine, I did look at the springs though. One has 5 coils, one has 6, is this normal? Seems damn strange to me, side with the 6 coiled spring also seems to sit a bit higher when looking from underneath.

My springs should be the same right? I'm thinking someone fitted the wrong spring.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Certainly doesnt sound right, as you would think it should be the same both sides...........sounds like a dodgy mechanic has been at work on your car.

A bit cold to be working on your at the moment in Aberdeen? ;)

·
Registered
8,063 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nah springs havent been cut. I'm going to replace the suspension anyway when I can find some decent coilovers that dont cost the earth or a good sport setup. But this may mean I have to do it sooner than planned.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Forget the springs.. "bouncy" means your dampers are shot.

If the springs were the wrong type (too soft) then you'd bottom the suspension out a lot.. but it wouldn't "bounce" unless the dampers couldn't cope with all the compression and overheated. Your springs would have to be waay too soft for that to happen.

Stick new dampers in there when you change the springs... KYB to the same spec' as original are about £30 for a pair on fleabay so a no brainer if you're dismantling everything anyway.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are there any lower sportier feeling setups out there that dont cost the earth? I feel my 155 is too high but I'm not looking for a severe drop, about 40mm, I'm not keen on just fitting lowered springs without shocks to match, I know the damage that can do over time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts