Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years of running seriously quick AWD cars - Subaru Impreza 2000 Turbo, Subaru Legacy RS-B, Mitsubishi Evo IV, 2 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4s (still got one for track use), Mitsubishi Evo VII GTA, and now, the most unreliable car I've ever owned, a Volvo S60R, I have a hankering after another Alfa :)

I had an Alfasud Cloverleaf in the late 70s and loved it, drove a Giulia 1750GT and a 2000GTV when I worked in the motor trade then and really liked them, but they were never the most reliable cars. Nearly bought a 2.5 GTV6 once, but went for the Legacy RS-B instead.

I'm not scared about high running costs or servicing costs and I'm happy to spend whatever it takes to keep my car/s running perfectly, but I really hate unreliability. I need my car to be reliable enough to run for 25k miles a year (my S60R has only managed 16k in each of the last two years, and has spent around 10 months off the road in that time). It's currently seriously ill and it's looking like it'll need a heart transplant.

Now, given the unreliability of the Volvo, being smitten by AWD cars, and having always loved the styling of Alfas, I'm thinking about going for either an Alfa 159 Q4 or a Brera Q4 (not new). The question is: should I? What goes wrong on these?

Thanks in advance for your views :thumbs:
Brian

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
Nice taste in cars Brian :)

Welcome to the house of fun :)

Should I? - Yes why the hell not :D
What goes wrong with these? - I dont have a clue but if it does break down at least its going to look beautiful sat at the side of the road :thumbs:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Nice taste in cars Brian :)

Welcome to the house of fun :)

Should I? - Yes why the hell not :D
What goes wrong with these? - I dont have a clue but if it does break down at least its going to look beautiful sat at the side of the road :thumbs:
they dont break down, they stop to be admired:lol:

welcome matey, and yeah why not, not heard of many issues with the 159'sand brera 3.2's. ask in the techy lounge, owner will give you there experience with them:thumbs:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO.....:HAPPY:...just missed out on a VR4 a couple of years ago,all I got were photos as the buyer picked it up, and the cash still in my pocket....:(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts