Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine who breaks Alfa's has offered a black 145 2.0 cloverleaf to me for £350. I haven't seen the car for a while but I remember it was in good condition when I last saw it. I have read through a few of the buyers guides and am completely unphased by the problems due to already owning a couple of 156's. What do you reckon?

Thanks,

Ad.

·
Registered
38,271 Posts
It depends on what condition it is in, and if it needs any work doing.

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
If your local to me when I get down south then I'll fix her right up for you for the price of parts and a few crates of lager.

·
Registered
284 Posts
My misses bought my 146Ti for wait for it £200................:D it's got service history up to 80,000 miles it's in very good condition & I'm well happy with the car.......:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If your local to me when I get down south then I'll fix her right up for you for the price of parts and a few crates of lager.
Thanks, I really appreciate that. You must be an enthusiast! I live in Essex mate so when I get it, if there is anything wrong i'll give you a shout. I always fix my own cars but Ive never had experience changing a cambelt and variator on a twinspark.

The car will be in pretty fair condition. I don't intend to sell it for parts either, I just want a fun little run about as opposed to a 1 liter Corsa C.

The only thing it will need is a new variator but that will be replaced when its cambelt time.

As I said my mate owns a breakers for just Alfa's so spares will be very cheap!

Thanks for the positive replies, I think I may well go for this!

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
Thanks, I really appreciate that. You must be an enthusiast! I live in Essex mate so when I get it, if there is anything wrong i'll give you a shout. I always fix my own cars but Ive never had experience changing a cambelt and variator on a twinspark.
That's ok, \i know it's a fair trek from Essex to Swindon, but I am always willing to teach others on the art of correctly replacing cambelts and variators, I always advise the balance and aux belt tensioners and idler to be done at the same time too, this way you know the setup is tip top.

·
Registered
203 Posts
That's ok, \i know it's a fair trek from Essex to Swindon, but I am always willing to teach others on the art of correctly replacing cambelts and variators, I always advise the balance and aux belt tensioners and idler to be done at the same time too, this way you know the setup is tip top.

you dont fancy a trip to grimsby aswell do you i have a v6 thats needing a new cambelt :cheese:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Too far past "The Gap" for me (and way too far south atm) I'm affraid. Plus I have no need to go to Beverly now so I shaln't be in the area.
no worries think i have it sorted now found a mechanic that has a fair bit of alfa experience just around the corner he is gonna do cambelt an water pump etc

on the plus side he also owns a 156 2.5 v6 which he has just done so if he wrecks mine i will just steal his :lol:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Disaster! Disappointment strikes again....It has been sold! Never mind though, from what I saw of it I didn't like. Paint was awful, it was black and looked like someone had used sand paper to polish it. Ah well. I'm on the look out for another 156 saloon 2.4jtd.

Everything happens for a reason!

·
Registered
38,271 Posts
Like Smaky said though, the engine is worth more than £350 on its own. But that depends on how many miles it has done.

It may also be worth buying as a cheap hack to keep the miles off your main Alfa.

·
Registered
54 Posts
im running around in a £400 ebay cloverleaf. 6 months mot, a bit of history and some fuel in it for that price. i fitted a black momo interior that i got for 120 and its absolutely fine 4 months on. it'll never be the prettiest thing on the road but for that money its a no brainer. it'll still have a value as spares/repair when it fails the MOT !!!

paul

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I already have a Corsa C for a run about, just wanted something quicker.....you could tell it was £350 believe me!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts