Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was at a car auction today, there was a 52 plate 147 1.6 TS that got bid up to £1,750 (but didn't sell). The woman next to me said "Thats cheap for a 52 plate, but it is an Alfa".
After the initial raising of the shackles, I thought do I slap her for her remark and insult to Alfa's or do I hug her for the sort of attitude that makes it cheaper for me to buy a great car.

A 51 plate 156 2.0 TS sportwagon had sold earlier for £850, I was gutted that I couldn't afford to bid, already got 2 cars wife would kill me if I got a third. :cheese:

This women was also getting excited by a Citroen Picasso, can never tell if they are going forward or backwards, looks like an egg on wheels.

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
As much as i like seeing Alfa's on the road, less is more. Its like being in a secret club of cool people!:) So be thankful idiots don't drive Alfas in my opinion:p

D

·
0 Posts
Lmao, fool:D And plus it means our dirty lil secret is kept away from a French lover:p

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I was at a car auction today, there was a 52 plate 147 1.6 TS that got bid up to £1,750 (but didn't sell). The woman next to me said "Thats cheap for a 52 plate, but it is an Alfa".
After the initial raising of the shackles, I thought do I slap her for her remark and insult to Alfa's or do I hug her for the sort of attitude that makes it cheaper for me to buy a great car.

A 51 plate 156 2.0 TS sportwagon had sold earlier for £850, I was gutted that I couldn't afford to bid, already got 2 cars wife would kill me if I got a third. :cheese:

This women was also getting excited by a Citroen Picasso, can never tell if they are going forward or backwards, looks like an egg on wheels.
No, you should have slapped her, the look on her (freshly slapped) face would have been priceless :lol:

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
God don't you just love bus citreon drivers:cheese:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
No need to do anything, she will be punnishing herself by missing out on Alfas and especially as she will be driving a Citroen. Nah sod it give her a dead leg:D

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
to be honest, the real question that should be asked regarding this incident is, Was she any good looking?
if she wanted a people carrier, she has loads of kids so I am guessing not, unless it was Angelina Jolie of course....
:lol: :cheese: :lol: :cheese: :lol: :cheese: :lol:

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I went for the, you shall be left unknowing of the sheer pleasure and excitment of a proper car.

P.S. My wife drives a Citroen, and it is a bus, a C5 so much better than an egg plus it has got a nice big diesel lump (can't believe I said that).
Best bit of all is that she wants a Golf (sheep) and she reversed into one yesterday :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts