Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im currently awaiting arrival of my brand new alfa spider (white/tan). Iv had the new 5 hole 18's on the car but wondered what your opinions are about lowering it??? I think it would look cool, but would appreciate opinions for and against...?

·
Vendor
47,150 Posts
Strangely, I find myself wanting to say "no", the Spider is not a sports car, its a comfortable cruiser. Lowering it will probably make the ride worse, and its still not going to handle brilliantly.

If you are doing it just for looks, then maybe..

G

·
Im currently awaiting arrival of my brand new alfa spider (white/tan). Iv had the new 5 hole 18's on the car but wondered what your opinions are about lowering it??? I think it would look cool, but would appreciate opinions for and against...?
I'd say yes. I have a Brera on the 5-hole 18's as well, and I would really like to lower it and put the Brera 'S' 19's on it.

·
Banned
139 Posts
considering alfas are cool cars most of their drivers have an out dated view on things. I say go for it pimp it out... its 2008 not 1960:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Cheers for the replies... to clarify..it is purely for looks, nothing else..although these cars are still rare, i just want it to stand out slightly from any others, hence thinking about lowering it. Anyone idea of how much it might cost??

Dont worry there wont be any further mods after this one lol,....mmm... apart from the smarttop :)

·
Registered
682 Posts
lowered? yes, but do it properly with a full conversion rather than just springs. I have Autodelta Sport Line Dampers with Coil Over springs being specially developed for the car, but you don't have to go that far.

It look the nuts of course... here's mine on 19-inch OZ Racing Ultraleggera's...

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/aogallery/showphoto.php?photo=8730

Attachments

·
Registered
831 Posts
Go for it and as slimbloke says do it with proper coilovers - novitec also has some modified KW coilovers for it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Slimbloke - That does look the dogs! think coilovers are the way forward, how much is it lowered by?

Anyone know how much it may cost???

·
Registered
682 Posts
Slimbloke - That does look the dogs! think coilovers are the way forward, how much is it lowered by?

Anyone know how much it may cost???
Mine are adjustable, but I think it's lowered about 25mm atm.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've had a look on Novitec and Autodelta, think im looking at around £1k to do it properly based on those 2 brands...

Before i dive in and go with one of those, anyone know of any other brands I could look at?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts