Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother is coming to Sydney to visit for a while and Im not sure if I should lend him my car. I lent him my Hyundai last time he came but who cares about a hyundai. Now I have my Alfa Im not sure if I will offer him my car.

What do people think? its my pride and joy and driven very carefully and not sure If I want to lend it to anyone. Im sure he would look after it and hes driven and owned Alfas before. We do favours for each other but not sure if lending my car is in the same ballpark.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Tell him the Alfa has broken down, hire a Hyundai and loan him that.
:thumbs:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Nope! Dont offer it and if he asks tell him to fooook off :lol:

Nobody drives my car let alone me lend it to anyone :eek: Even my spare key is hidden ;)

G

·
Lend him your car Fred, and don't give it a second thought. Life has an uncanny knack of rewarding generous people in unusual and wonderful ways.

Car vs respect, love and friendship - no contest in my book.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lend him your car Fred, and don't give it a second thought. Life has an uncanny knack of rewarding generous people in unusual and wonderful ways.

Yeah thats interesting Rewe we have helped each other out through good and bad times and there were times we wanted to kill each other being brothers !!

But defintely take that on board. Still not sure if I will offer and not sure if he will ask , see what happens anyway, but thats a nice thought :)

·
Registered
14,575 Posts

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

... and when he crashes it where will the "love and friendship" be then??? ;)

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
... and when he crashes it where will the "love and friendship" be then??? ;)
Hmmmmmmmmm I dont know :cry:

Well he'll have to pay for it wouldnt he. He has driven alot of Alfas before. Oh come to think of it he did write off his Alfa 105 GTV when he was a kid :eek: . But then so did I with my Alfetta GTV when I was younger - hmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmm I dont know :cry:

Well he'll have to pay for it wouldnt he. He has driven alot of Alfas before. Oh come to think of it he did write off his Alfa 105 GTV when he was a kid :eek: . But then so did I with my Alfetta GTV when I was younger - hmmmmmmmm

sounds like YOU shouldn't be driving your car either then :p

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Would you let him sleep with your wife? It amounts to the same!!:cheese:
:eek: :eek: You never know they get up to all sorts down under ;)

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Rewe I have learned a great deal from you. I did offer to lend my car to my brother. After all he has done more for me financially then I could ever make up for and really offering him my car is a drop in the ocean compared to the infinte benefits that generosity in itself can bring. I have learned to be unselfish and to share things that can be seen as selfish narcissistic possesions.

So in offering him the car to use he said that his company will pay for a hire car while he is in Sydney. Although I did get the impression they wernt going to previously either way he knows he can drive my car anytime he wishes to.

So thanks again Rewe for your wisdom.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts