• other

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could help someone out, but they have been a real a-hole to me on a regular basis and stitched me up more than once. I can make their life a lot easy with regard a particularly problem. There is the part of me that says forget the past and help them out. But then there is the part that says f*** it, come next week they'll stab me in the back again, let them go round in circles.

So what would you do?

·
Banned
7,679 Posts
Help them out.............

Lifes is way to short for grudges.....if it's in your ability help :)

Yep - he will probably still stitch you up - but thats life...

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Other: more info needed.

A-holes that will stitch you up on a regular basis aren't worth helping out, especially when they know you can sort them out in the blink of an eye but you're jut being an a-hole about it. That'll teach him (or her), serve them a bit of karma right back at 'em.

Part of me says go help someone that deserves the help.

But part of me says don't be childish and just help them out.

But they'll F you in the A and you'll wonder why you bothered and it'll be a waste of effort.

But ...

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
hmmmmmmm.........they might appreciate it and change their ways..............or maybe not.........

you'd be the bigger person for doing it of course...........help them this time and see what happens :)

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,368 Posts
Don't reduce yourself to their level, help 'em out, you know it's the right thing to do and it will make you feel good, perhaps even a bit superior.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh trust me I am not a childish person, this particular person is nasty on a whole new level.

@ Dibby, love your response :lol:

Oh and me not helping them doesn't stop them from being able to do what they need to, it would just make it easier. Also I wouldn't be surprised if they threw it back in my face later on in some way.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sure, go ahead, help them out and you'll go to bed with a warm and fuzzy smug feeling inside your tummy but it will disappear pretty quick when they shaft you tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
It depends...
Have they stitched you up big time ? or more than one occasion ?
knowingly ?
If so they probably don't deserve the help.
However, as has been said, it would show you to be a better person than them if you do help them.

Of course if you don't help them, and they find out that you could have helped them, will they stitch you up even more....

Will it make them change their attitude towards you ? if not then don't help them, if you think it might then help them.

Does any of the above help you ? :thumbs:

·
Registered
38,245 Posts
I wouldn't help them out.

It serves them right for being an A-Hole in the first place.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As they say, "What goes around comes around". Letting it go around will not change the individual concerned - the status quo is preserved, but helping might have a beneficial effect on them.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If somebody stitches you up by accident, and didn't mean to, then that's one of those things - it happens. Forgive them and move on.

If somebody stitches you up regularly and quite deliberately, then they're fair game.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
If somebody stitches you up by accident, and didn't mean to, then that's one of those things - it happens. Forgive them and move on.

If somebody stitches you up regularly and quite deliberately, then they're fair game.
:thumbs:

I'm all for helping people out but some people just dont deserve help. If they go out of their way to be nasty then I'd say "Stuff them"

·
Registered
38,245 Posts
:thumbs:

I'm all for helping people out but some people just dont deserve help. If they go out of their way to be nasty then I'd say "Stuff them"
Exactly.

Don't get mad, just bide your time and get even. - And now is your chance.

If you really wanted to get back at them, you could let them know you are able to help, but you are not going to.

People think I hold a grudge, but I can't think why :rolleyes:

·
Registered
549 Posts
I'd say it depends...

What did they do? Murder your grandparents, tap your bank account, steal your newspapers or walk across your lawn? Sometimes it may be plainly wrong to help consistent a-holes - as in, crimes should never be rewared. If you help them and they serioulsy f*** you again, you haven't really helped them, yourself or the rest of the world... Perhaps you should disassociate yourself completely from these people - not always an option though. In any case, we know too little, only you are in a position to judge this.

DJ
--

1 - 20 of 45 Posts