Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's a 2008 model for £5995! Im weighing up against a bmw 320 which has 60,000 miles but is £3k more I have heard the same old stories of how Alfa's are unreliable and have various problems but I must say it's a beautiful car and I cant help being drawn to it! any input from maybe someone who owns one with similar milage or knows the score on these cars would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry, thanks for the reply. Its 1.8 mpi lusso in black with Red leather interior. 1 owner, last serviced at 74k...

·
Registered
83 Posts
sorry, thanks for the reply. Its 1.8 mpi lusso in black with Red leather interior. 1 owner, last serviced at 74k...
Hi I bought a 57 plate 1.9 jtdm with 82k, fsh and drives like new, not sure on petrol engine but I got timing belt and water pump done straight away:thumbs: great car, great interior and considering I hate diesels I like driving this one :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I have driven it, it does seem alot slower than my current car but thats a minor thing for me. Im just concerened that an Alfa with that many miles on is going to be a money pit, I mean it looks great, ****es all over a german equivelant for looks in my opinion but I have never had an alfa...but I have heard the 'stories' of faulty electris etc. anything I should look out for in this model?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I bought my 1.9 57 plate with 84 on the clock.

Had the cambelt and a few other things sorted once purchased, and been great ever since.

Few issues, that come up on this forum all the time, but reliable car.

Go for it

·
Registered
558 Posts
I've had my 159 nearly a year and touch wood...I have had no problem with it. In fact it has been one of the most reliable cars I have ever owned. Alfas have moved on and horror stories you hear are generally not with the more modern platforms used in the 159/Brera etc.

Buy with confidence!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts