Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....a bit daft but hey:)

My chilli con carne for 1 (and dinner for at least one more evening:lol:) is nearly ready....but I always add a touch of red wine.

....however, tonight, the only red I have is one that I am currently enjoying, a lovely Chilean Merlot....berries at first, with a smokey finish and a touch of cocoa:cool:

So....should I add half a glass to 'perfect' my dinner?.....or should I serve up what is an already very nice tasting con carne and savour the wine?

I'll run with the first reply:thumbs:

....BTW....I'm not working tomorrow...;)

·
Registered
11,426 Posts
.....a bit daft but hey:)

My chilli con carne for 1 (and dinner for at least one more evening:lol:) is nearly ready....but I always add a touch of red wine.

....however, tonight, the only red I have is one that I am currently enjoying, a lovely Chilean Merlot....berries at first, with a smokey finish and a touch of cocoa:cool:

So....should I add half a glass to 'perfect' my dinner?.....or should I serve up what is an already very nice tasting con carne and savour the wine?

I'll run with the first reply:thumbs:

....BTW....I'm not working tomorrow...;)
Got there too late, but relieved to see/hear you took good counsel from sif:thumbs:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ooooh, add a bit (I often do) it makes it taste lovely and rich. Drink the rest! ;)
Too late my dear:eek:......I said I'd run with the first reply......and my whiskey drinking chum is right, it's far too fine to boil away:D

....but if I'd had some cheapo stuff in I would have dropped a slosh into the pan, it does add flavour:thumbs:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:thumbs: Phew tfft , got me worried for a mo there Amigo ;)
I very nearly worried myself:eek:

....it's the chef in me.....but heck, I'm not employed as a chef anymore, why am I worrying?:lol:
I'd love to get back to it though...hmmmm

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you get back into it I will pop down to sample your signature dish........if I ring before I set off it gives you a few hours to prepare .....:thumbs:
Do you like salmon mate??....,I do a pretty fine salmon dish:thumbs:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Honest......thought of trying it loads of times but always thought it cost too much to screw up and end up in the dog.........;)
Oh mate.....you're missing out.

I have a lovely salmon dish, the salmon 'just' cooked in the middle, served with a shallot, tomato, and cream sauce.....with a few fine additions...I threw it together 15 yrs ago and I still enjoy serving it.

The best bit is that it is simple enough to prep with basic resources at somewhere like......Britcar:D:D

1 - 20 of 51 Posts