• :rolleyes: Other

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching that Coast programme on BBC2 last night, and I was suprised to find out that the Isle of Man is not actually part of the United Kingdom, or the EU for that matter.

I'm not quite sure how this historical anomally has come about, and frankly I can't be bothered to Google it, but it does seem odd that whilst Britain has invaded just about every other country at some point in history, the Isle of Man escaped un-noticed.

So, the burning question for AOer's is should Britain put this right and invade?

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess in a way they get invaded everytime the TT is on ;)

R

·
0 Posts
Lets invade so we can race our Alfas round their lovely twisty roads :2:

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Seeing as the Queen is the Lord of Mann, she will not be very Amused if her Military is used to attack her......

Especially as she is Commander-in-Chief of the British military....

·
Registered
13,163 Posts
No!

If IoM became part of the UK, they would have a blanket speed limit on "the mountain" of 60mph. IoM have a far more sensible speed limit policy of "no limit". :D

Ralf S.

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
The IOM is a great place and a possible future bolthole for me and the mrs. ;)
Got some good friends over there and the government rule the island very well. :thumbs:
TT week is awesome and theres even a few Alfaowners on Mann :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
There doesn't really seem much point as you can take your car there if you want to anyway.

Do they have any oil?

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
P

·
0 Posts
Isn't it ruled by HRM King Nigel Eyebrows Mansell, the tubby protector?!:lol:
:cheese:

At least we know he can't be the Stig ;)

I voted no - but not for Boy George reasons - I think it's cool to be surrounded by folk not wanting to be part of the big club.

I declare my house a Paintergirldom. Tax free haven for animal lovers and fellow vegetarians :thumbs:

·
Super Moderator
44,759 Posts
[shouty voice]
We're from the Isle of Man
We like ... sprouts
[/shouty voice]

·
Registered
11,735 Posts
YES - Dam them and their..... umm......... err:confused: :confused: .......... Cats with No Tails :rant: :mad:

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
No, we should leave them alone, they've got it all right and we've got it all pretty much wrong. I'd move there in a flash, if there wasn't such a risk of the island sinking into the sea and everyone getting eaten by crabs. :rolleyes:

I love the place :cool:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts