Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was supposed to start working again yesterday after a week's leave but took half day and this morning at work I just had enough so I decided I'm extending my leave until January 9. On my way home the driver of a F430 Scuderia came blasting from behind, drew besides me, looked at my car and for a brief moment we were riding shotgun on a half empty N1. I was the one with my bek hanging oepe :wow::cheese:

Moments before, I geared down to 3rd and flew past a slower Hilux that fell asleep in the fast lane and revelled in the pure blissfull acceleration of a Busso at full chat, thinking "nothing on this freeway today sounds like THIS!". I was in the middle one of 3 lanes now, and in front was an onramp. The Ferrari came down the onramp as I passed it, accelerated flat out, before changing from the slow lane, into the middle and passing the Hilux then going into the fast lane. Then a few seconds later (I was doing around 160km/h which seems to be my GTV's comfortable cruising speed) the 430 pulls up next to me in the right hand lane. It took me a few seconds to realise it sounded so much more awesome! It's a huge car when compared to a GTV.

The driver didn't acknowledge me in any way, he just looked at the car intently (The way I look at the Kia Koup: "That looks so nice but I'll probably be dissapointed when i buy one..." :cheese:), then farked off like a Grippen going into full afterburner...:wow:

...at that moment I wished I had a Revo Golf so I could keep up with it or even pass it...:cheese::D Geez, I cannot comprehend anything being that quick, the engine just went "Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrp!!!!!" and it was gone in a flash!:eek:

Seriously, this morning in the sparse traffic I was telling myself "there's no reason to get anything faster than this..." ...and now I need a Ferrari!:(

·
Registered
274 Posts
Nice experience...I haven't seen an interesting car on the road for a while now. Should maybe do Cedar road past broadacres on Sunday morning for my fix :/

Having just paid R2500 in accumulated fines to renew my licence disc I'm thinking the V6 is not such a good idea after all :D

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I was supposed to start working again yesterday after a week's leave but took half day and this morning at work I just had enough so I decided I'm extending my leave until January 9. On my way home the driver of a F430 Scuderia came blasting from behind, drew besides me, looked at my car and for a brief moment we were riding shotgun on a half empty N1. I was the one with my bek hanging oepe :wow::cheese:

:lol:

Maybe I'll pull up next to you sometime, and make you forget about that Ferrari.... :cheese: :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts