Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought i would start a thread for fellow owners to tell their tales of ignorance and joy.

After my good lady sent me a text to pick up some cat food i decided to stop at out local "P#@ Ci&y".
on the way home.
As i pulled into the car park i pulled up behind some German thing i didnt bother putting the roof up as i knew i wouldnt be long.
As i walked away from the spider a couple walked past me and was heading for the German thing and i overheard the lady say that is a lovely car "what is it " to her partner.
I quickly got the cat food and payed and made my way back to the car.
Where i found the lady eyeing up my bella whilst her partner is putting the straw and other shopping in the boot of the German thing.
She asks me what the car is i tell her its an Alfa Spider of which the bloke emerges from the boot and says.
Alfas are supposed to be shi# arnt they eletrics are crap of which his partner looked somewhat embarrased i thought you ignorant @&#% so couldnt help my self.
Cool as anything i pointed out that German cars have excellent electrics but the ar&e holes that buy them dont know how to even operate the indicator stalk and therefore a car like mine would be a lost cause on him.
Then he got the if we all liked the same German Crepe how boring it would be pointing out that my 39 mile journey from work consists of ignorant shi%s on the M1 that dont indicate because the M1 is theirs.
The lady smiled at her partner as if to say "you deseved that you idiot"
With that i got in put the cat food on the passenger floor and then started the car as the auto delta quads kicked in and car caught more glances i gave the German owner a " told you so look"
and reversed and drove past the German thing.
I got a lovely smile off the lady as i passed by.

Now you may be under the impression i hate German cars this is not the case its the random idiots that own them.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
There's idiots across all marques.

Random question. Coventry on 31st March?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Squadrone is there a meet i havnt actually been to one yet.

·
Registered
515 Posts
With both a GTV and an Audi I have the best of both worlds. If I wake up and feel like a c*o*c*k I can always take the Audi. :lol:

·
Registered
82 Posts
I went to buy some petrol the other day. As I walked back to the Spider a guy who had just fuelled his brand new M3 BMW walked up to me and said "Nice car mate - always wanted one of those".

German car drivers? - not all bad.
Well he could have bought a 'normal' 3-series instead of the M3 and have afforded a GTV/Spider :confused:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Actually, the GTV still looks very nice even though it is so old. In my case, 14 years old! I drove past a old shape 3 series coupe - think 2 generations behind (the boxy one) and it looks SO dated. The GTV must be well nice during its time. Same as the Ferrari 360 - prefer the 360 over the 430!

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you take your blinkers off, i think it is horses for courses...

i have a phase 2 twinny which I love on my own and my 2 yr old daughter loves to take to nursery ( I drove to angouleme from cJ4 of M25 in a day and back in day). But I also have an E60 BMW 530i which eats motorway miles and if we all need to get somewhere then it is a no brainier....

On my own, or with my daughter then it is Italian all day long...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a Spider and a GTV and they dont look dated in my opinion at all.
Still looks stylish without being vulgar " ok so im biased" hehe
You only have to look at an Alfa 33 Stradale picture to see how Alfa has pedigree at styling.
I guess i like to be different not another rep car driver.
The glances of other car owners as they pass or i overtake makes the occasional hickups worth it.
Altho i do acknowledge that modern cars are way more advanced and can put the wipers on when it rains.
I cant even begin to wonder how you fix that when it stops working.
The fact i get a ribbing off my workmates about me always playing under the bonnet.
Soon subsides when if they are honest enough to admit the garage has had the price of a decent mk1 gtv for a full service.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Mmmmm the 33 Stradale is one of the (if not THE) most beautiful machines ever built..

Nut i just thought id share this story of ego inflation as this thread seems like the ticket !!

Although over the years iv had many compliments or little 'look and nod' from fellow drivers but this one was one of the best.. not long after i bought my GTV my 156 broke down (i know.. rare right!) and so i was using it for work at the time. But one day on shift, one of the boys walked into work and comes looking for me straight away all 'Neil, you have just gotta come see this..' so i obviously question what he wants me to come look at (you never know right lol) and again 'nevermind you just HAVE TO see it' so after a little deliberation he finally spills.. 'theres this Alfa parked around the back.. and its absolutely stunning.. spoiler, lovely wheels and best of all its got a 3.0 litre engine.. you would love it !!' Immediately realising that he was in fact talking about my car.. i couldnt resist but to eek out the enjoyment.. let him bang on about this lovely car until the end of my shift when before i left, i had to confess - it was indeed, my car hehe

But its moments like that, which remind me why i drive Alfas.. would never have a moment like that for some run-of-the-mill euro box right !

·
Registered
120 Posts
:mad::mad: Audi drivers,,own the bloody road they do...love to slow down in front of them until they start flashing and getting mad:D..I politely wave with one finger, laugh, and carry on with my journey, knowing I have style and comfort, and not a c**k on my head :cheese:

·
Registered
21 Posts
My car was parked outside my house a couple of weeks ago. As I was heading towards it I saw a little boy, probably about 7 or 8, with his Mum, stairing at my GTV. As I jumped in I heard the boy say "Look Mum, that man's got a Ferrari!"
Although he was a little off the mark it was nice to see he appreciated the car!

·
Registered
7,453 Posts
Thought i would start a thread for fellow owners to tell their tales of ignorance and joy.

After my good lady sent me a text to pick up some cat food i decided to stop at out local "P#@ Ci&y".
on the way home.
As i pulled into the car park i pulled up behind some German thing i didnt bother putting the roof up as i knew i wouldnt be long.
As i walked away from the spider a couple walked past me and was heading for the German thing and i overheard the lady say that is a lovely car "what is it " to her partner.
I quickly got the cat food and payed and made my way back to the car.
Where i found the lady eyeing up my bella whilst her partner is putting the straw and other shopping in the boot of the German thing.
She asks me what the car is i tell her its an Alfa Spider of which the bloke emerges from the boot and says.
Alfas are supposed to be shi# arnt they eletrics are crap of which his partner looked somewhat embarrased i thought you ignorant @&#% so couldnt help my self.
Cool as anything i pointed out that German cars have excellent electrics but the ar&e holes that buy them dont know how to even operate the indicator stalk and therefore a car like mine would be a lost cause on him.
Then he got the if we all liked the same German Crepe how boring it would be pointing out that my 39 mile journey from work consists of ignorant shi%s on the M1 that dont indicate because the M1 is theirs.
The lady smiled at her partner as if to say "you deseved that you idiot"
With that i got in put the cat food on the passenger floor and then started the car as the auto delta quads kicked in and car caught more glances i gave the German owner a " told you so look"
and reversed and drove past the German thing.
I got a lovely smile off the lady as i passed by.

Now you may be under the impression i hate German cars this is not the case its the random idiots that own them.
You should also have said to the [email protected] that all the electrics in the 916 Alfas are Bosch, so that if anything does go wrong, you can blame the Germans:lol:

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
:mad::mad: Audi drivers,,own the bloody road they do...love to slow down in front of them until they start flashing and getting mad:D..I politely wave with one finger, laugh, and carry on with my journey, knowing I have style and comfort, and not a c**k on my head :cheese:
I'll make sure not to annoy you then when I'm out and about in Lancashire :thumbs:

My car was parked outside my house a couple of weeks ago. As I was heading towards it I saw a little boy, probably about 7 or 8, with his Mum, stairing at my GTV. As I jumped in I heard the boy say "Look Mum, that man's got a Ferrari!"
Although he was a little off the mark it was nice to see he appreciated the car!
I had that the end of Summer 2011 when in the Spider. A few teenage girls out in Tyldesley (local town) commenting how good the Ferrari looked :D.

They're bloomin lovely though (the car, the car).

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
With driving behavior like that who is the real c*ck?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts