Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anygood? Anybody use them?
They have some great prices but I'm wondering if they are cheap prices because they are cheap parts that will fail?

·
Premium Member
7,625 Posts
Ive used them plenty of times. They are very helpful and seem to know what they were on about. Usually they have the manufacturer of the part listed, if not give them a call and ask, they are always helpful.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
They are excellent. Always best to work out which shows they are at and buy your stuff there, thus saving on P & P:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Which one offers a discount for big orders?

I ordered from EBSpares before, and they made me pay for 1st class shipping, which enabled them to write off the VAT, and I had to pay VAT on my side of the border - even for items that were not taxable because they were lazy to identify it properly. Now I want to place another big order and they basically ask me to please fudge myself.

Will do business with them again gladly, because they're so much better than the dealers. The dealers would simply send me to get fudged and not ask nicely.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tend to use Alternative Autos - seem to be cheaper than shop4 anytime I've checked and always had good service from them

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
yep. good guy hughsey :thumbs:

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
Shop4parts are good, though I find that eurocarparts are often cheaper for consumables.

(if you sign up to Eurocarparts newsletter they often send you big discounts as well.)

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Crackin, cheers folks

I'm only after an air filter, thermostat and gasket but they are the cheapest and I've got a discount code for 10% off :D

If anyone wants to use the discount code its "Stanhall" :thumbs:

·
Registered
199 Posts
I am just about to receive lower wishbones and drop links from shop4parts. I ordered them at the Auto Italia day and got 10% off using the Stanhall code. (Note: this code expires soon). I had a chat with the buyer and asked about the difference between their suspension parts and those found on ebay. He said that their items were sourced in Italy and were good quality whereas the ebay items were most likely pattern parts from China or Turkey and not as good quality. Time will tell I suppose!

·
Premium Member
76,998 Posts
Always worth comparing though - I have a list on my Bookmarks:

- BuyPartsBy
- Alfa Workshop
- Shop4Parts
- EB Spares
- EuroCarParts
- Alternative Autos

It's surprising how much the prices can vary, and sometimes the company cheapest for item A might be comparatively expensive for item B. If I'm doing a few jobs I usually do a little spreadsheet table to compare.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
- BuyPartsBy :tut: Heard bad things
- Alfa Workshop :thumbs: Heard good things
- Shop4Parts :thumbs: This thread
- EB Spares :thumbs: Tried and tested
- EuroCarParts :confused:
- Alternative Autos :confused:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ECP are very good. Have a nationwide chain of shops and deal online too.

Similar to GSF, who are also very good and contrary to their name, supply parts for all makes of cars. My local one gives a wopping great discount if you tell them you're a taxi driver... but has never asked me for any proof :lol:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts