Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I've cleared the credit card I want to change the springs for Eibach one's, but since the car's done 108,000 miles I figure I should also change the shocks as well, so should I stick with an O.E.replacement or should I go for some performance alternatives. If I go for the performance alternatives, has anyone any recomendations.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a couple of years now been running on some NOT progressive lowerings springs (40mm) and some Spax (i think) shocks. This has been a shaking experience since the streets of Copenhagen needs a lot of maintenance. The next set i'm buying will be progressive springs and adjustable shochs. I hope it be a little more comfortable but still fun ride.

I

·
0 Posts
I have Eibach springs with Koni adjustable dampers and have progressively softened the dampers (front and rear) in order to gain an acceptable ride quality. They are now on their minimum setting which is the same as standard factory shocks so unless you're planning track use or have exceptionally good quality roads where you live I'd save your money and stick with standard struts and dampers.

Ian

T

·
0 Posts
I always found Konis to be too stiff for road use. I put Koni Sports (yellow ones ) on an Alfetta GTV I had years ago and on a Sprint QV as well. Bloody cars used to bounce around all over the place. I understand that Bilsteins give a better ride, but I don't have any experience of them.

I

·
0 Posts
It's the yellow Koni's that I've got - when I bought the car they were set almost on maximum (with Zender springs - shorter and stiffer than Eibach, and with 40 profile tyres) and the ride was unbearably rough. It's amazing that after 60,000 miles of that it was still in one piece - says a lot for the structural integrity of the shell.

Even now I'd describe it as 'sporty' (although my other half would probably come up with a few other descriptions) so would also not recommend the Koni's for road use.

T

·
0 Posts
It's amazing that after 60,000 miles of that it was still in one piece - says a lot for the structural integrity of the shell.
LOL! Not how everyone would describe Alfas :rolleyes:

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, just resurrecting this as I have found out that I can get KYB Gas Shocks at a reasonable price, but I don't know if they are any good, I assume they must be OK as my m8 has them fitted to his Toyota GT4. So has anyone had anything to do with these shocks?????
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts