Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What suspension would you guys recommend for the Sprint? I have thought about getting Koni shockers but haven't decided on the springs yet. For the springs I might go with standard ones as I don't really want to lower it. Your advise would be much appreciated.

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
either H&R or OMP springs if you can find them.

I've got H&R's on my sprint with bilstein shock absorvers from an opel GSI !

on my 33 I've got OMP's with Koni shock absorvers ( yellow in the front, red in the rear ) :cool:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have 'savali' springs (dutch product, but I think good) they lower about 30mm's. Combined with koni yellow shocks in front and monroe gasshocks at the rear. I don't like the monroe's, because they are gas filled instead of oil they don't react quick enough on the first 2 cm's or so, causing my rear wheels to touch the fenders sometimes on a heavy bump. I'm watering the money-tree for being able to buy koni's for the rear soon...

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Any ideas where I can find a pair of those ? I need the ones on my Sprint to be as stiff as possible even if that means lifting the car up a bit !

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eibach springs only lower the car by 10mm , are quite a bit stiffer, and would be an ideal combo with some koni yellows.
I did have Eibach springs in mind. Is that what you use on your 33 Iain?
I'm planning on catching up with John from Justsuds at Newby Hall as he lists Koni's on the Justsuds web page. Won't be buying yet though, I want to get the Sprint home before I start spending again on it.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I did have Eibach springs in mind. Is that what you use on your 33 Iain?
I'm planning on catching up with John from Justsuds at Newby Hall as he lists Koni's on the Justsuds web page. Won't be buying yet though, I want to get the Sprint home before I start spending again on it.
Hi Mark, and yep I do use these springs and damper's , works a treat and not overly harsh on the road, although having all the bushes changed to powerflex has improved the turn in body roll and the car feels alot more predictable with grip in cornering, I was very surprised to how bad my original bushes were. I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind using original parts:thumbs:.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I read somewhere that powerflex bushes, while good, do put extra stress on other components due to their solidity and lack of flex - is there any truth in this?

·
Registered
932 Posts
it's a combination of 3 item's- springs , dampers(and there setting), and not just the bushes. Supa flex offer various compounds ranging from soft to really hard. I recommend powerflex as it was recommended to me by a friend who own's an indie Alfa dealership (and mine were free!!!). But it genuinly has made a difference, If your an Alfa owner's club member my car may get a write up from Paul Hide who we recently went to Spa Belgium and had a bit of a thrash on track, 2 years ago we did the same at Donnington and my car was on the same shocks and springs, the car was skittish around bends and gave no indication of where the cornering limit was until it was too late, Now with the addition of these bushes , bigger brakes and a spoiler the car behaves superbly and you really get a better idea when the back wants to step out and its at alot higher speeds than before. I guess all i can say is try em if you don't like em sell em back, its all a question of personal taste.:wow:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts