Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How long will it be before the cynics and nay-sayers come in with...

They will never build it ....
I'll believe it when I see it etc
I dont want it built in US
It will have a Chrysler engine ... boo hoo

?

N

·
0 Posts
Here you go:

I doubt the Giulia will be RWD if it's based on an enlarge Giulietta floorpan.

Yet more motoring press guff if you ask me.

(Check out the nasty fan art. :vomit:)

You say nay-sayers but I say realist. (I've purchased 3 new ARs in the last 10 years
so hardly a cynic when it comes to the marque.)
We know where the brand is heading and it strictly towards the main
stream and profitability, not the niche market.

:p ;)

·
Premium Member
7,625 Posts
This was tucked away on the investor slides from the Frankfurt show (see the cancelled models thread).

Autocar have picked it up a couple of weeks after the event.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Montreal/6C is not based on the Giulietta floor pan... according to this article .... its a different platform from the Giulia ...

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yeah, the 6C is more 5 series size, which Alfa need!!

Not sure why they would call it the Montreal though? Save that for a 6C series based large coupe style GT car?

Hey how about calling the 6c the New Alfa 6? :)

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess they are using names now and not numbers and the Montreal is a good name to use ... I doubt we will see a racing inspired V8 engine somehow.... I really hope they build this car...

:)

·
Registered
177 Posts
the bit that got me was them saying Alfa have made mistakes including:

"focusing too much on pure style"

What's wrong with focusing on style, it's part of the reason we buy them. No one else would produce cars as beautiful as the Duetto, Giulietta Spider, Giulia SS, 33 stradale, GT, etc, etc, certainly not for the price.

I really hope Alfa keep the style, character and emotion that grabs the heart strings, I am worried though by the direction, an Alfa SUV :cry:

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
The SuV would/could be a big seller. If it's not your taste, then that's okay... the way I see it, anything that makes AR some money increases the chances of them having cash to build a 2-seater coupe based on the Giulietta platform for me.. :)

The thing is, what would they not build by focussing (still limited resources) on developing a new SuV.

I think if Alfa wants to get big, it needs to get into the USA.. To get into the USA it needs the Giulia saloon for sure, and then either a 166 replacement or (dare I say it) an SuV. It seems like they're using the Chrysler 300 platform to go for the 166 replacement with (probably) an SuV to follow around the same time.

Trouble is, they need to get on with it..!

Ralf S.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The SuV would/could be a big seller. If it's not your taste, then that's okay... the way I see it, anything that makes AR some money increases the chances of them having cash to build a 2-seater coupe based on the Giulietta platform for me.. :)

The thing is, what would they not build by focussing (still limited resources) on developing a new SuV.

I think if Alfa wants to get big, it needs to get into the USA.. To get into the USA it needs the Giulia saloon for sure, and then either a 166 replacement or (dare I say it) an SuV. It seems like they're using the Chrysler 300 platform to go for the 166 replacement with (probably) an SuV to follow around the same time.

Trouble is, they need to get on with it..!

Ralf S.
Exactly ! well put and I 100% agree...

·
Registered
25,672 Posts
Considering where I live (rurally) i'd be well up for a nice Alfa SUV with 4 wheel drive. Maybe a nice replacement for my Brera when the time comes.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They've scrapped the larger SUV, I guess Maserati are covering that part of the market ... but still doing the smaller soft roader or whatever they are called this month.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Unfortunately that Autocar article contains much speculation and very little fact. The only "fact" that I'm aware of is that Fiats' most recent product plan shows a full-size RWD Alfa saloon to be launched "some time after 2014", which is incredibly vague, even by Fiats' standards.

However, it does make a certain amount of sense as by then the Chrysler 300c will be (over)due for replacement. They could develop a RWD platform to underpin new models from Alfa, Dodge, Chrysler/Lancia, and Maserati (effectively a large RWD equivalent of the Giuliettas' C-EVO platform). The problem is that what makes sense, and what Fiat do, are often entirely different things...

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anyway I'm more interested on what I replace my Fiat Doblo with ... I looked at a Discovery 4 ... same amount of interior space, slightly better quality interior ;) but dont think I could stomach the fuel comsumption ... I need an Alfa Van I reckon ...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts