shock absorbers

1K views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  Mike Scarf 
G
#1 ·
Anyone tried MONROE Sensa-Trac ?
Any comments ?

G
#4 ·
I did had monroe's on another car of mine.. there is a reason they are cheap. Alfaowner (http://www.alfaowner.com) do G&M kits which are cheap - don't know if they are any good though. Or Boge (made by Sach's, one of the OEM suppliers to Alfa), equaly cheap but I guess you get what you pay for to an extent.

Cheers,
Alex

G
#8 ·
I seriously doubt if Monroe, or Armstrong & Gabriel make any real efforts to valve their dampers correctly.
As fade2grey said, you get what you pay for. And the quality stuff lasts a lot longer. 140 000 km on Bilsteins is not unheard of. Never heard the cheaper brands last so long.

G
#9 ·
i used sensa-trac on a lancia thema turbo to replace the £300 each electronic dampers,that was 4years ago and they still work as good as ever also they are only a few quid more than normal ones.

G
#10 ·
I put some sensa tracs on my wifes Fiat punto at the rear. They have only been on for 4000 miles so far but made a big improvement to the handling compared to the originals which had done 45000 miles. :)

G
#13 ·
Koni's seem very expensive to me. I'd like to try some on my car just to compare them with my standard (Boge?) shocks.

I wonder if I'd really be able to tell the difference (given that my dampers are probably not in the first flush of youth).

Anyway - I'll worry about dampers if one of mine packs up. What's a good lowering spring, in the meantime?

Ralf S.

G
#14 ·
Ralf

Eibachs wink

There's a few of us with them now and we have all made the same comments, nice and progressive but more comfortable than the origonals. Drops about 30mm. Cost about £150.

wrinx

G
#16 ·
Go for the Eibachs.

You missed out as Henry had a source in Germany a couple of months ago. They were £100 for a set of 4. Even came with the genuine alfa part no. stickers on the box. They lowered my super by about 30mm, so guess they lower the sport by 15mm. Don't think you can afford to go much lower than that anyway as the ground clearance isn't huge anyway. The best bit is the ride actually improves unlike most lowered springs. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.