Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
COULD YOU TELL ME HOW MANY MILES IS SUPPOSED TO LAST THE FRONT SHOCKS UNTIL YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THEM.
I´M REFERRING AT THE ORIGINAL FACTORY ONES.
THANKS IN ADVANCEJORGE

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Hi Jorge, Havn`t spoken to you for a while. How is sunny Montevideo. It sounds a lot nicer than rainy Hull, UK.

In the UK you dont leaglly have to change them until they break or leak. That seems a bit daft but there it is. How long between changes obviously depends on what sort of roads you drive on and how you drive etc etc. If you ask a general garage I think they say between 50K and 60K (miles) although there will be a noticable difference after 30K. If you ask a shocker supplier they will say to change them every month so they can make lots of money!

My 155 is 106K miles and the shocks are crap. I started to notice a real difference at about 60K and they got really bad at about 80K.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI CHRIS, HOW ARE YOU ?
I´M FINE AND MONTEVIDEO IS NOW WITH 26° c DEGREES, SO IT IS EXCELLENT FOR US AND OUR CARS, WE ARE AT THE SUMMER END NOW.
WELL, AS YOU KNOW MY BABE HAS ONLY 29.000 KMS. ON THE CLOCK, BUT I WAS THINKING IN BUY A SET OF THE ORIGINALS BOGE ONES TO STOCK THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE (IN OTHER BROTHER COUNTRY) ONLY 99 GBP AND THEY ARE VERY DIFFICULT TO OBTAIN HERE, SO IF I´M GOING TO HAVE A GREAT DIFFERENCE WITH 50 K. I THINK IT IS A GOOD THING TO TRIE TO GET THEM NOW AND HAVE THEM WAITING.
BEST REGARDS
JORGE wink

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Hmm, I woke up to two degrees today and I think it has reached about 7 or 8 by now. :(

Sounds like a good idea to get some shocks in if its that cheap. You may have low milage but if you have had the car for a long time (lots of short drives) you might see some benefit now. Who knows. There is no trouble having them stored away just in case, though!

G

·
hi, jorge

Just a quick one, I've just looked on alfaowner's
web site in the Online shop and a full suspension kit (including springs -35mm) is only £215(GBP), don't know if its just front, but by the term 'full' I assume its the whole car, perhaps Alfaowner could elaborate.

Many thanks and apologies to Alfaowner for being a smartarse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts