1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
they look like the standard shocks, nothin special.. if you want a set of shocks, search for OMP, eibach, koni, apex and spax..
these manufacturers make standard suspension and shocks as well as up graded!

dont like the look of the ones you spotted on ebay!

hope this helps!!

:D

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. Yes you are right, they do look a bit cheap and nasty I suppose!

I have found that www.buypartsby.com sell a whole shock absorber kit for £137 including the VAT - how much can I expect to pay for standard spirngs and does anyone have any idea where I can get them from???

Many Thanks,
Tony.

·
Registered
610 Posts
yep those are the ones you want alright! :D

and want em too! (if i had the money that is :rolleyes:)
We can work on that, i will help you get a set.

Just by the way the link supplied in the first post, shock includes the use on a V6. Do you know how hard the ride upfront would be in a 2.0l!!?

·
Registered
610 Posts

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
actually, you'd want the königsports, not the highsports as in the link to Gazzella. I've them fitted to my car also. The Königsport are front and back height + absorber stiffness adjustable, the highsports are only height adjustable.

Or at least get the silverline, as they are stainless, which neither the highsport or königsport are. Adjustable until.....

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for your help guys! That is a good suspension kit, you are right, but is it not possible to just buy the standard springs - I have tried everywhere now and nobody seems to be able to get them! Arghhh!!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
actually, you'd want the königsports, not the highsports as in the link to Gazzella. I've them fitted to my car also. The Königsport are front and back height + absorber stiffness adjustable, the highsports are only height adjustable.

I have raced moto cross and road racing at sponsorship level and i know what it takes to dial suspension. ( We have had mechanics from Ohlins, Showa and Racetech to do this ) No one off the street is going to buy car suspension and adjust them even close to what they are capable of. Just a few clicks rebound to much and your car can handle worse than it did on standard suspension. A non adjustable shock with good high speed bump settings is more than most of us would need. As long as the shim stacks can allow for that you will be good.

As for the stainless steel, nice to get if you have the extra cash as they have less resistance and therefore heat when working. If you are worried about rust on a normal shafts, the shock is filled with oil so every time the shaft is compressed it would be lubricated.

Looking at the standard shocks that have been on the car for the last 8 years, they look really good for not been stainless.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
It's not the shaft that rusts, it's the housing, holding the thread for the height adjustment. Basically rendering it obsolete if not used for a while.

The best feature for adjustable suspension, on a roadgoing car, is the comfortlevel can be adjusted. The non-adjustable you have to take as they come and might be too hard for one's taste, or too soft for another's

·
Registered
610 Posts
It's not the shaft that rusts, it's the housing, holding the thread for the height adjustment. Basically rendering it obsolete if not used for a while.

The best feature for adjustable suspension, on a roadgoing car, is the comfortlevel can be adjusted. The non-adjustable you have to take as they come and might be too hard for one's taste, or too soft for another's
Oh, i see. I was told that the shaft was stainless. I will have to keep the shock well lubed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts