Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Think you might want to edit your post, youve made it look like I said a load of things you have . . . .

So you used Monroes when you replaced them ?

I drove mine 3 or 4 times about 100m to a garage to work on it, each time thinking that "I need to look at that seized rear brake piston".

The shield is on the body of the damper.

I think the factory lowered some models by around 20 - 25mm
Apologies for my formatting I was doing it on my mobile and wanted to respond to your points but should've closed the quote part each time.

I'll fix that...

·
Registered
576 Posts
Think you might want to edit your post, youve made it look like I said a load of things you have . . . .
Righto I fixed it and changed some bits so please re-read...

So you used Monroes when you replaced them ?
Yes I used Monroes on replacement.

I drove mine 3 or 4 times about 100m to a garage to work on it, each time thinking that "I need to look at that seized rear brake piston".
Yes that's what I thought; seized rear brakes.
In fact my rear brakes squeal a bit now so I think it needs copper grease in between the calipers and pads so I'm told.

The shield is on the body of the damper.
Ok. Any photos or library pictures at all? On the damper in the image above it has the plate where the spring rests which is exactly how the other OEM one was designed.

I think the factory lowered some models by around 20 - 25mm
That sounds good.
When it comes to new front shocks I might look at getting this adjusted then...

·
Registered
576 Posts
So youre saying you have a car lowered by 40mm but you got a standard damper to replace a worn one ?
Some standard 147s were pretty high riding, but TIs, Q2s, Ducati Corses and GTAs were lower, even if it started out asone of the higher ones, I think 40mm is a bit much though TBH.
- If I were to get new front shocks; to get a correct fit and a shorter spring I guess I should be looking at part numbers matching the TIs, Q2s, Ducati Corses and GTAs you mentioned?
Then these should work better...

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Yes I used Monroes on replacement.

Ok. Any photos or library pictures at all? On the damper in the image above it has the plate where the spring rests which is exactly how the other OEM one was designed.
Jeez, hope you didnt pay that price !!

I ll try and take one, but I think it pretty much in the same place you said.

- If I were to get new front shocks; to get a correct fit and a shorter spring I guess I should be looking at part numbers matching the TIs, Q2s, Ducati Corses and GTAs you mentioned?
Then these should work better...
Yeah, shocks for lowering riding models should be better if your car is lowered.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts