Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've accidentally (on purpose) bought an interior for the Alfetta. My neck dictates I need proper headrests, so it is sort-of a medical necessity right? My latest problem is how to transport the interior from surrey to Cambridge (approx. 85 miles).

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you asking how as in physically or how as in morally?
:) Both! I think two options are available. 1) get a local man and van removals firm to go get them, or 2) hire a van myself and go get them. I'm just not sure if hiring a Van in this quasi-lockdown era is legal.
-Confused of Cambridge

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
remove the passenger and rear seat in the alfetta.....drive down, dump the interior in the alfetta, drive home
:cool:
he he, I did once remove the interior of my Alfa 75 to get a dishwasher in. It was really stressful. I'm using this website called shiply.com, they have organised many car interior moves. I'm not convinced the Alfetta will make it there and back either...

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
That’s exactly what I did when it bought a new interior for mine.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
With interpretation of the rules being shall we say flexible...I'd hire a van ,if you can, sterilise the touching parts and pick it up myself , no qualms

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
You have made the purchase so it is "essential" that you collect your items within 24hrs 😀😀😀😀

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The interior arrived today, in much better condition than expected, I think I can salvage all the pinstripe velour. The headrests are on thier way from the USA. My partner has been driving our Y6 boy to school in the Alfetta this week, since I managed to disable both our 156s. When will Alfa learn to avoid steel bolts in alloy suspension components?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
When will Alfa learn to avoid steel bolts in alloy suspension components? - hope you haven't been abusing them with your new impact wrench

1 - 12 of 12 Posts