Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At last I feel legitimate posting here, as I picked up my 159 1.9 JTDm 16v Lusso last night. I've only done about 20 miles so it's too early to give any sort of assessment but it certainly feels good. For the record it's black with the natural leather interior - same as the showroom model in Simonstone, Bristol only theirs is the 2.4.

It's been an interesting process, having never bought a new car before. I've gone from an 8 year old, privately owned Mercedes CLK200 to a brand new company owned Alfa and I thoroughly resent Gordon Brown forcing me into an oil-burner. I've also learned that all the car dealers in this area; Merc, BMW, Jag etc., are pretty appalling at their jobs. Unfortunately Alfa (or Simonstone) aren't much better as the handover was done by a bloke whose total experience of Alfa consisted of driving mine down to the garage and putting £5 worth of diesel in. In the end I said I'll read the manual.

One positive was the price. I was given £20,000 by the company which effectively meant poverty-spec 3 series, C-Class or X-Type. I got Simonstone down to £19,500 for the Lusso (which even beat CarSelect) and I thought was a bargain. I was told (and I could be wrong) that the discount came from Alfa, not the dealer. For the record I was quoted about the same for the 2.4 from AllBrandsNew for an import. I couldn't figure out what I'd do with the extra 50bhp - except possibly kill myself - and given the tax implications I stayed with the 1.9.

I passed one Alfa last night in Saltford and didn't get a wave, which was disappointing. So if you happen to see a fat bloke in a black 159 driving around Bath give me a wave and gladden my heart. I'll get the camera out soon and get some snaps.

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of Alfas! :cool:

Hope you enjoy your time here on AO.;) Piccies would be good too :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts