Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
AO Detailing Car Of The Year 2020 Winner
3,947 Posts
Congrats. Spoiler looks good on the white. No spoiler on the second picture. Was it a dealer install or did you do it yourselves?

Reactions: matty74

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Congrats. Spoiler looks good on the white. No spoiler on the second picture. Was it a dealer install or did you do it yourselves?

Hmmm that spoiler does look good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Neoalfisti

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Hmmm that spoiler does look good

Thanks guys! Just a carbon fibre one off ebay! Not installed yet, just checking it looked alright, which imo i think it does!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks guys! Just a carbon fibre one off ebay! Not installed yet, just checking it looked alright, which imo i think it does!

I’ve got one of those! I think it looks good but can’t get it to fit correctly. The left hand side will not stick down as close to the boot lid as the right!

I may need to try again with more 3m tape and heat it all up much more!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I?ve got one of those! I think it looks good but can?t get it to fit correctly. The left hand side will not stick down as close to the boot lid as the right!

I may need to try again with more 3m tape and heat it all up much more!

As i say i haven't attempted to stick it down yet but as it was resting on the boot I found the left sticks up too much and was wondering how to get it to bend more without cracking it? I read somewhere heating it will do the trick.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Hi, is the spoiler a Chinese version from eBay seller Crazy_Racer ? ... just wondered, cheers

Reactions: Elfred

·
Registered
70 Posts
I’m considering getting one of these - Is it genuine carbon fibre and would you recommend?

Sounds like the quality may be a little dubious if yours is distorted

Visually in finish terms, it looks decent. As I say the fit on mine may take a bit of messing about with to fit flawlessly.

Definitely a case of you get what you pay for - I suppose for about £130, it’s not too bad!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, exactly that!

I?m considering getting one of these - Is it genuine carbon fibre and would you recommend?
Sounds like the quality may be a little dubious if yours is distorted
Yes mine was from crazy racer too.. sounds like the mould or 3d printing file is out as the left hand side is a few mm off the boot lid. I have however stuck it on last night, using the 3m tape supplied and some gorilla tape from toolstation for the areas not taped. Hairdryed it so it was hot, aswell as the boot lid and firmly pressed in place holding the left hand side down for about 10mins. It is well stuck on this morning with the left side still flush. Hopefully it stays like that.

Seems genuine carbon fibre, i'd say the quality is good. Not a mark on it when it came. I did have to pay about 20 on top when it was delivered as it went to customs.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yes mine was from crazy racer too.. sounds like the mould or 3d printing file is out as the left hand side is a few mm off the boot lid. I have however stuck it on last night, using the 3m tape supplied and some gorilla tape from toolstation for the areas not taped. Hairdryed it so it was hot, aswell as the boot lid and firmly pressed in place holding the left hand side down for about 10mins. It is well stuck on this morning with the left side still flush. Hopefully it stays like that.

Seems genuine carbon fibre, i'd say the quality is good. Not a mark on it when it came. I did have to pay about 20 on top when it was delivered as it went to customs.
Did it stay stuck on OK in the end?
I'm seriously considering ordering one for my Veloce which is due in Nov

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Spoiler does look good on white, not sure about it on misano blue having seen the misano qv pics online.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I’m hoping it looks good on Vesuvio, having ordered one too . But I think it should work well with pan roof and proper wheels .

Reactions: Millvi

·
Registered
442 Posts
I’m hoping it looks good on Vesuvio, having ordered one too . But I think it should work well with pan roof and proper wheels .

Can not wait to see pics of yours! Will look awesome I'm sure. Saw another Giulia on the road today, everytime i see one i just smile and nod in appreciation

Still trying to tell myself 18" Turbines are what i really need ...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Can not wait to see pics of yours! Will look awesome I'm sure. Saw another Giulia on the road today, everytime i see one i just smile and nod in appreciation

Still trying to tell myself 18" Turbines are what i really need ...

I'm learning to live with my Turbines, whilst looking for a set of Alloys to fit Winter or Cross Climate tyres.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I really like the design, but surely they need to be 19"? There is just too much tyre showing.

Any ideas on winter tyres? Better to go all season?

I've just sold my BMW winter setup, deep down they were worth it, despite the lack of snow lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts