Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use Shell V Power diesel fuel in their 147 sometimes or all the time> does it make any differance to power or mpg
Thanks

·
Registered
923 Posts
I use Shell V-Power petrol, seems she only likes this sort of drink! anything else and me car runs a bit rough, i average 25mpg going to work everyday on a mixed urban cycle, which is slightly better than what the book says.
i only swear by this fuel as its known to have a high octane rating in some regions, 99RON and above which has been recorded, but as the fuel has cleaning additives, it keeps the fuel injectors and valves cleaner than other fuels.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
..and V-power is almost without sulphur ! diesel V-power is made with the GTL (gas to liquid)
process and as pure as is possible.
p.s. I worked for Shell for 33 years so I am a little prejudiced...but my 156 and 911 run best
with V-power

·
Registered
923 Posts
There was a few images on shell website, two engines that had covered 100,000 miles on two fuels, one on supermarket fuel and the other V-Power, the images showed the condition of the inlet and exhaust valves, the supermarket fuel'd engine was dirty as a chimney and the V-Power engine was like new! although this was a few years ago they were showing the comparison on their website

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Been using it for a while now, and find it excellent all round.........:thumbs:

In fact its the only fuel I put in the Car nowdays........:)

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
I started filling up every 3rd fill with a tank full of v and the mpg on the trip computer has gone up from 40.4mpg to 44.9mpg, dont know if its down to this but dont think it can be doing any harm.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Mine seems to prefer V-Power over anything else. I haven't noticed any MPG improvements though. :)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Doh! Stupidly didn't realise it was a diesel thread! :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts